Marketing Analyst - Russia
We're looking for a Marketing Analyst on our Russia Marketing team to provide data expertise as we improve the growth, engagement, retention and brand affinity of people on the Uber platform. In the role you'll be part of and work closely with a cross-functional team consisting of strategy and planning, CRM, campaigns, partnerships, other analytics teams, engineers and program managers.
You posses a passion for improving techniques, processes, tracking, analytical insights and technology used by marketing to achieve our bold goals. This person will help address the complex challenges of channels effectiveness, experiment design, marketing effectiveness, contact strategy, return on investment and rider behavior.
As a member of the Russia team, you will be able to define the way marketing performance is calibrated and what questions should be asked. You'll play a big part in finding opportunity fields to help the marketing function scale as we develop acquisition, onboarding, engagement and retention strategies.
With close ties to local operations teams your goal is to maximize growth via intelligent spend and world-class understanding of the user base.
What you'll do
- Help define marketing strategy for the Business in Russia by taking a data driven approach to plan, analyze and optimize rider acquisition, and retention
- Conduct in-depth analysis of the channel mix, be it acquisition or engagement channels, and drive intelligent budget allocation to maximize growth
- Operate as an expert on approaching the fundamental objective: understand the existing audience of Uber brand and provide data-driven insights as to optimize the efficiency of our growth initiatives
- Work on customer segmentation / classification (incl. identifying most profitable customers) and recommend approaches for different segments to achieve business objectives
- Analyse customer behaviours and lifecycle as well as recommending on measures to engage and retain
- Develop KPIs, metrics and analytical frameworks to measure ongoing business performance, understand key drivers, and improve campaign effectiveness
- Build, document and scale world-class decision-making tools and reports that will help optimize our marketing investments
- Identify actionable insights and recommendations to support strategic decision making
- Provide technical expertise in data mining, measuring business performance and running research using advanced mathematical, statistical and experimental approaches
- Be a multi-tasker, supporting Marketing team relying on your skills and recommendations to make high-impact, high-budget decisions
What you'll need
- At least 5 years of analytical and database experience. Marketing analytics or consulting experience is a plus
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking and experimentation
- Strong project management skills that enable you to work with multiple teams in different time zones, countries and regions. Tackle large-scale challenges but don't lose sight
- Good SQL capabilities; experience with R/Python is a plus
- Experience with common marketing tech stacks: Tag management, Mobile attribution, Web analytics, Ad servers, Doubleclick etc.
- Ability to fluently communicate with Engineering, Product and Marketing teams
- Understanding mobile app marketing tech stack and space
- Excellent data visualization skills. Experience creating dashboard reporting in Tableau or a similar visualization tool a plus
- Uber credits for ordering UberEATS or taking Uber rides
- Working in a high energy and engaging environment
- The rare opportunity to build a startup within a startup. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we actively engage
- Monthly gym reimbursement
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top