Marketing Analyst - Performance Marketing (Mexico City)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber is changing the way the world moves. However, we're not just about moving people - we're about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need. We believe that people are one of the most important assets to Uber and because of that we foster an environment that is welcoming to diverse perspectives.
We're looking for a Marketing Analyst on our Performance Marketing team to provide data expertise as we connect to foster growth and enhance user engagement. You possess a passion for improving techniques, processes, tracking, analytical insights, predictive modeling and technology used by marketing to achieve our bold supply and demand growth goals. You will help address the complex challenges of marketing effectiveness, ROI, optimization strategies, rider behavior and channel effectiveness.
As an early member of the marketing analytics team, you will also help define the way marketing performance is calibrated and help define what questions should be asked. You'll play an important part in finding opportunity fields to help the marketing function scale as we develop acquisition, retention and partnerships arms.
You will offer a deep marketing-driven data perspective while collaborating closely with design, product and engineering. You will be on the forefront of analysis, leveraging our data sources to propose new ideas and drive key strategic decisions through both offline and online efforts.
What you'll do
- Mine data and analytics at the rider level to gain a better understanding of their usage behaviors, including impacts of current marketing strategies.
- Be a key partner on the performance marketing team. Collaborate during project planning/prioritization meetings, stakeholder meetings, data prioritization meetings, etc.
- Choose the proper metrics for tracking current and future experiments.
- Develop dashboards that provide insights and visualization into rider and channel performance relative to KPIs, projections, and historical performance.
- Implement and analyze A/B or multivariate tests to provide in-depth insights to the marketing team on the test data and understanding of marketing drivers' effects.
- Present findings to senior management to drive business and marketing decisions.
- Use tools such as Excel, MixPanel and Tableau to work efficiently at scale.
What you'll need
- A BS/MS in engineering, computer science, mathematics, economics, statistics, or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of analytical and database experience. Marketing analytics or consulting experience is a plus.
- Excellent SQL skills.
- Proficiency with multiple analytic and database tools common within a marketing organization (e.g., MixPanel, Tableau, Marketo, Google Analytics, etc.).
- Excellent data visualization skills. Experience creating dashboard reporting in Tableau or a similar visualization tool a plus.
- To balance attention to detail with swift execution.
- Resourcefulness - moving quickly and executing to allow for continual iteration is a core qualification of our team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top