Uber started out to solve a simple problem: the need to get a ride across town. Six years and one billion trips later, we've stumbled upon something a bit bigger: a new way to help tackle congestion—one of the most serious challenges cities face today.
Using technology, Uber makes it quick and easy for people headed in the same direction at the same time to share their journey. It's carpooling at the press of a button. And by getting more people into fewer cars we've proven you can reduce congestion and pollution overtime. UberPOOL in Los Angeles, for example, cut the number of kilometers driven across town by 12.7 million and carbon dioxide pollution by 1,400 metric in just eight months in Los Angeles.
Longer term, we're optimistic that smartphone apps like Uber can also offer a real alternative to individual car ownership. After all, if you can press a button and get an affordable ride across town in minutes 24-hours a day, why bother to own a car? There is an alternative to a world that looks like a parking lot and moves like a traffic jam. Join Uber to help make that future possible.
We're looking for a Marketing Analyst on our Marketing team to provide data expertise as we collectively drive growth and enhance user engagement. This person will help address the complex challenges of marketing effectiveness, ROI, optimization strategies, rider behavior and channel effectiveness.
As an early member of marketing analytics, you will also help define the way marketing performance is calibrated and define what questions should be asked. You'll play a big part in finding opportunity fields to help the marketing function scale as we develop acquisition, retention and partnerships arms.You'll also be responsible for ensuring that our marketing managers and advertising partner use the best in class tracking technology, marketing tools and systems to maximize the Return on Investment (ROI) on marketing spend.
- Build a strong analytical foundation for the marketing team, ranging from understanding users to measuring campaigns and creating dashboards
- Build a holistic understanding of our users through data mining and external research
- Be the key problem solver for the marketing team, including ideation and testing solutions
- Build a robust campaign measurement methodology including attribution models and evaluation criteria
- Develop dashboards that provide insights and visualization into rider and channel performance relative to KPIs, projections, and historical performance
- Implement and analyze A/B or Multi-Variate Tests
- Present findings to senior management to drive business and marketing decisions
- Use tools such as SQL, Excel and Tableau to work efficiently at scale
- BS/MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics, or equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years of analytical and database experience. Marketing analytics, product management or consulting experience is a plus.
- Strong data management skills (SQL/R)
- Proficiency with multiple analytic and database tools common within a marketing organization (e.g., MixPanel, Tableau, Marketo, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Strong data visualization skills. Experience creating dashboard reporting in Taleau or a similar visualization tool a plus.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution.
- Hustle is essential, moving quickly and executing to allow for continual iteration is a core competency of our team.
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top