Uber is changing the way the world moves. However, we’re not just about moving people – we’re about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need.
We’re looking for a Marketing Analyst on our Performance Marketing team to provide data expertise as we collectively drive growth and enhance user engagement. The right person for this role possesses a passion for improving techniques, processes, tracking, analytical insights, predictive modeling and technology used by marketing to achieve our aggressive supply and demand growth goals. This person will help address the complex challenges of marketing effectiveness, ROI, optimization strategies, rider behavior and channel effectiveness.
As an early member of marketing analytics, you will also help define the way marketing performance is calibrated and define what questions should be asked. You’ll play a big part in finding opportunity fields to help the marketing function scale as we develop acquisition, retention and partnerships arms.
You will offer a strong marketing-driven data perspective while working closely with design, product and engineering. You will be on the cutting edge of analysis, leveraging our data sources to propose new ideas and drive key strategic decisions through both offline and online efforts.
- Mine data and analytics at the rider level to gain a better understanding of their usage behaviors, including impacts of current marketing strategies.
- Be a key partner on performance marketing team. Participate in project planning/prioritization meetings, stakeholder meeting, data prioritization meeting, etc.
- Determine the proper metrics for tracking current and future experiments.
- Develop dashboards that provide insights and visualization into rider and channel performance relative to KPIs, projections, and historical performance.
- Implement and analyze A/B or Multi-Variate Tests to provide in-depth insights to the marketing team on the test data and understanding of marketing drivers’ effects.
- Present findings to senior management to drive business and marketing decisions.
- Use tools such as Excel, MixPanel and Tableau to work efficiently at scale.
- BS/MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of analytical and database experience. Marketing analytics or consulting experience is a plus.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Proficiency with multiple analytic and database tools common within a marketing organization (e.g., MixPanel, Tableau, Marketo, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Strong data visualization skills. Experience creating dashboard reporting in Taleau or a similar visualization tool a plus.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution.
- Hustle is essential, moving quickly and executing to allow for continual iteration is a core competency of our team.
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top