Market Research & User Insights Lead, UberEverything
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers.
With UberEverything we're building Uber's next set of businesses; whether it's delivering food remarkably quickly with UberEATS or sending things across town with UberRUSH, you will be involved in some of the new exciting business lines coming out of Uber. If done right, we believe that this will transform communities, power businesses and fundamentally change the way people live in a city.
In this role you'll be responsible for building the user insights and market research function for UberEverything. As part of the team you'll define the overall insight & market research roadmap for consumers, delivery partners and restaurants by working closely with product marketing, product management, design research and other functions.
These insights will inform product development & definition and will inform brand, positioning, messaging and overall marketing strategy for the UberEATS and UberRUSH businesses. You'll be in charge of designing, executing and delivering high impact primary research, both quantitative and qualitative, and combining this with secondary research and other data streams to find opportunities for the business.
What you'll do
- Help build the user insights and market research function for Uber Everything.
- Work with product and marketing teams to scope and design quarterly research project/action plans for consumers, restaurants and delivery partners globally.
- Using research, you will help establish product-market fit, shape positioning and messaging, provide insights for product development, differentiation and definition.
- Use quantitative and qualitative research to test and validate specific product & marketing hypotheses and feed this back into product development.
- Gather market and category level insights across all territories.
- Be hands on in drafting questionnaires and discussion/interview guides and handle end-to-end project set-up and execution.
- Spot market opportunities by identifying problems for consumers, restaurants and delivery partners and connecting these insights to how we prioritize product development.
- Synthesize primary and secondary research into actionable findings.
What you'll need
- A passion for food, dining and restaurants.
- True passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology / operations nature.
- At least 6 years of leadership experience with quantitative and qualitative market & consumer insights and/or research.
- Experience with new product development, positioning, message development and optimization.
- Ability to execute quantitative research from questionnaire design, fielding, analytics, and reporting but also able to pull together higher-level critical thinking.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail.
- Experience working with and analyzing large data sets.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, eight paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top