Map Operations Launcher - Contract (100% travel)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber is investing heavily in improving the map data that underpins many important aspects of the Uber experience: routes, ETAs, points of interest, and much more. As part of these efforts, we have begun collecting data in strategic Uber markets to help us improve the map data that powers the Uber trip experience. Read more about these efforts
Are you looking for a unique opportunity with Uber? Do you enjoy international travel? This position will require extensive travel abroad to launch operations in different countries, hiring, training, and instructing local tech support staff, and moving on to the next destination once operations are complete. The ultimate goal is to collect valuable data in different countries and cities that will be used on a special Uber team to improve the app. You will lead a local team and be responsible for the operations in your cities.
As this role requires significant travel, we are happy to consider excellent candidates regardless of permanent location.
What you’ll do
- Guide day to day operations: Including driver onboarding, training, scheduling, and on the ground logistics
- Lead and instruct a team: Guide local support technical staff to support the map improvement operations
- Own and optimize collection in the city: Work with our plan to independently launch collection at a fast pace, but also devise your own tactics to improve processes
- Travel the world: Spend time across various cities, countries, and continents as the program moves across the globe
What you’ll need
- Fluency in French, Russian, Portuguese or Spanish is a must
- Sound judgement. You will be given discretion and expected to make decisions.
- Comfort taking on responsibility and working in an unstructured environment
- A history of getting things done. You are scrappy and take ownership of projects to ensure improvement. You present solutions, not just problems — because you know where and how to find answers.
- Demonstrated leadership – you will hire, train, and guide the local technical support staff
- Knowledge of how to prioritize effectively and execute on plans to get things done and drive extraordinary progress
- Excellent communication skills. You get along with all types of people and can motivate them to be their best.
- Ability to learn new technology/hardware quickly (you will be taught the components of the proprietary hardware)
- Willingness to travel for 6 months – 1 year (up to 100%). You must have a passport and international traveling experience.
- Passion for Uber and improving the experience for drivers and riders
- Hands-on technical/hardware support experience
- Operations or project management experience and examples to demonstrate success
- Excellent language skills – English plus at least one of several preferred languages: Spanish, French, Portuguese, Russian Arabic
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top