Manager, Trust & Safety
- Uber is a technology web portal services company. Uber’s affiliate makes a smartphone app that provides users with an on-demand, private car service that takes them safely and smoothly to where they need to go, in dozens of countries and hundreds of cities around the world – at the push of a button.
- On another level, Uber and its affiliates is about applying mobile technology, data-driven decision making, and world-class. operations teams to solve a massive, offline problem: urban transport.
- These are early days. Come join us, and help us build a new fabric for urban logistics that is redefining the way people experience and get around a city.
TRUST & SAFETY MANAGER
- The Uber Trust & Safety team is responsible for further developing, creating, and constantly innovating processes and tools to ensure that Uber continues to be the safest place in the city. As a Lead for Trust & Safety, you’ll be responsible for thinking through every aspect of safety related to Uber in the region. You’ll be one part incident response, one part trend analysis, one part brand ambassador, and one part process innovator—working with riders, driver partners, and the Uber team through challenging and sensitive problems.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Critically analyze safety incidents to identify trends and patterns. Conduct post-mortem analyses and feed analytical insights back to all relevant parties
- Investigate suspicious activity and behavior that could pose a risk to Uber. Correspond with stakeholders to make informed decisions
- Interface and work with General Managers, Legal, Security, Communications and Policy teams to drive solutions for Trust & Safety related issues
- Work with the Trust & Safety Regional Leader to develop and enhance internal policies. processes and products
- Map all safety onboarding standards in cities covered; Maintain ironclad knowledge of any changes; Stay informed on screening technologies available in markets
- Work with Global stakeholders in developing and deploying tech based solutions to provide safety for customers of Uber and increase their trust in the platform
- Work with different vendors and develop strong processes and metrics. Regular governance and driving towards cost effective services/products for Uber
- Develop and implement strategies and plans towards making Uber the safest place in the city
- Identify KPIs to measure the health of the Trust & Safety program and its impacts on business ops within region.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 5-8 years of experience, preferably in e-commerce, conflict resolution, fraud or risk investigations, and/or crisis management
- MBA from top institute is highly desired
- Understand how to work efficiently and how to influence without exerting direct authority.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills
- Strong stakeholder management experience especially in conflict resolution
- Passion for execution and driving results. Ready to roll up your sleeves, dig in, and innovate
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Solid judgment and a strong moral compass
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task, organize and work with rapidly changing priorities. Idea-driven, confident and articulate – ready to make a meaningful contribution to the team from day one
- Excel and/or some SQL / SAS skills are highly desired. Product Development or Product operations experience would be a great asset
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top