Manager, Technical Recruiting
At Uber, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we’ve built. The driver behind all our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology we bring to market is the people that make Uber well, uber.
Delivering a first class, on-demand transportation experience takes a critical eye for quality, and we want a leader who has the same critical eye. Our recruitment team must be able to find the diamonds in the rough, maintain quality and hire FAST.
Successful candidates will have had experience scaling teams and will know when to toss out old methods in lieu of making it work here. We move fast, we think quick and we need someone intense to lead the team helping to take us to the next level.
WHAT YOU’LL EXPERIENCE
- This position will passionately drive results, think and act quickly, operate long-term and in the best interest of company objectives.
- Building teams to support our long term strategy. This position will uphold a high hiring bar continuously and drive process improvement to hire engineering talent faster.
- Data Driven – dig into analytics to make decisions based on said data.
- Think innovatively to drive results. We are a unique company and brand and thus need equally innovative strategies to hit our hiring goals. Scalability and sustainability are key success metrics.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Adaptable – ability to partner with a wide variety of very senior level individuals including our top-level business leaders and seasoned professional candidates within the engineering organization.
- Passion for candidate experience and the overall process of finding a new opportunity.
- Thinks BIG – you’ve scaled an engineering org & developed a growing recruiting team
- Strong command of data and analytics; uses data to influence change.
- Dedicated focus on developing the team and peers.
- Implemented successful yet not stalling processes.
- Curious about the org and what makes Uber work. Operations is the core of our business and a solid understanding of that foundation is crucial to success in role.
- Action oriented and unafraid of calculated risk.
- Degreed in Business, Human Resources or similar.
- Minimum of 12+ years of experience in technical recruiting with 5+ years of recruiting management
- Demonstrated success in data driven organization
- Success building, mentoring and managing large, high-output recruitment teams
- Slightly obsessive in all the right ways
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan and gym reimbursement.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top