Manager, Technical Program Management - uMetal
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need your skills and passion to help make it happen! Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
About the team
The uMetal team provides the on-demand metal service to keep Uber's innovation running. uMetal builds the base layer of compute resources for developers, riders, drivers, and self-driving cars rely on every day. Supporting billions of rides and fast-forwarding to the future of self-driving cars, Uber's data center team has some of the most interesting challenges around.
What you'll do
As a TPM manager you will report to the Director of the uMetal business office. As a people manager, you will be responsible for managing and leading initiatives and goals of the TPM's assigned to you and making sure they align with the overall goals of the uMetal organization. You are intuitive, focused, driven, organized, insightful and productive. You break through communication issues and effectively develop relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization. You build trust across the organization. You are not afraid to be direct, but you strive to act with empathy and integrity. TPM work involves the following:
- Help guide your team to manage complex and large scale cross-team, cross-functional initiatives. Interface with the Director of the business office and engineers to estimate work efforts, define milestones and manage resources.
- Track your TPM's progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders. Engage and energize the .
- Proactively remove obstacles to drive the momentum and progress of your team. Identify communication gaps, manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities. Drive results proactively.
- Understand technical implementation at the architecture level and propose technical alternatives when necessary. Ask questions that clarify priorities and push the team to be highly effective. Develop broad domain and technical knowledge.
- Help manage the cross-functional strategic planning and business planning process, leading conversations with key stakeholders to develop concepts for strategic initiatives, and developing those into detailed program / project plans (including roadmaps, funding planning, resource planning and hiring goals).
- Continuously improve and scale the organization. Implement continuous improvements to the engineering organization and the program management process. Share program/project process frameworks, tools, and best practices that can be adopted throughout the organization. Improve product development and delivery. Mentor project management skills within our engineering leadership team.
Here are the skills and experiences we're looking for:
- Minimum 7 years management experience within a technical organization.
- Previous experience as a program / project manager or engineering manager in a software, SaaS, or systems development environment.
- Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges and risks. Engineers enjoy working closely with you.
- Experienced in project management. Familiar with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and able to apply them where best suited.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence. Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Analytical and truth seeking. Ability to understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions objectively.
Bonus points if (optional):
- Worked at a high paced, fast growing, scrappy tech startup.
- Technical program management experience at an established company with a strong TPM team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top