Manager, Strategy & Planning (Analytics & Insights), Uber Eats - EMEA
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The Analytics & Insights Manager role is a unique opportunity to build and lead a new vertical within the Uber Eats business. Reporting to the Head of Strategy, Planning & Analytics, you will be responsible to build the team, roadmap, tools and processes to help ensure that regional analytical needs are met. Your team will partner with the regional marketing and operations teams to generate actionable data insights and solutions from Uber's large datasets. You will touch every aspect of the product, whether it's user behaviour for eaters, couriers or restaurants.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Build and lead the Analytics & Insights team for EMEA
- Support building tools and dashboards, analyzing experiments and rolling out projects
- Proactively build an analytics roadmap aimed at generating insights and actionable results that will help drive operational and strategic decisions across the business
- Manage and prioritize different inbound requests and asks from relevant stakeholders to ensure that your team is working on the projects that are the most impactful and highest priority for the business
- Build a team that is a group of experts on metrics across different verticals
- Ensure that we are leveraging the data available to us in the most valuable way
- Set strategic priorities, translate them into concrete projects & work closely with teams across the region to deliver on execution at its highest potential
- Effectively navigate a matrixed environment with local operations, product, strategy, research & design, finance and other senior leadership
What You'll Need
- BA/BS/Masters in Economics, Business, Engineering, or other quantitative focus
- Minimum of 8 years of deep, hands-on management of functions that included combinations of the following: operations, business analytics, marketing, customer loyalty and retention, and project management
- The ability to turn data into relevant and actionable insights
- An innate ability to think strategically
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking and experimentation
- High energy and motivational leadership driven by personal influence and example with direct staff, peers, and senior leaders across all company functions
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines
- Strong experience managing teams
Back to top