Manager - Strategic Finance, Core Business Partnering
As part of the Core Business Partnering team, you will be a strategic, financial and operational thought partner to functional leaders across the org. You will play an integral part in driving and supporting financial planning with business partners, building dynamic, detailed, scalable financial models and most importantly, turning your insights into actionable strategic initiatives (from idea generation through implementation) to optimize the company's operations and financials.
So if you're ready to go deep working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you've got the tried finance skills, experience, passion, and a strong team mentality - read on and get in touch! We are looking for someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit, hustles hard, and can handle the ever changing environment of a start up with a charisma that is consistent with the Uber brand.
What you'll do:
- Business partnering - work closely with company leaders to develop financial forecasts and key performance indicators, apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making that aligns capital and resource allocation with the company's strategic priorities
- Project management - as we operationalize our data-driven insights, you will need the ability to own projects from start to finish, ensuring cross-functional teams are delivering high-quality results quickly and on time
- Scale and transition from startup to mature enterprise - we need the best people on board to help us refine our planning processes, and ensure finance standard methodologies and accountability are spread throughout the organization
- Planning - Help drive requirements and implementation for financial planning and business intelligence systems
- Special projects / ad hoc analyses - new initiatives, products, risks and opportunities are constantly arising. You will help evaluate and drive these important initiatives.
- Innovate - we will push the boundaries beyond traditional forecasting. Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skillsets
What you'll need:
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar (MBA a plus)
- 7+ years in Investment Banking, Management Consulting and/or Corporate finance / operational FP&A at either a high-growth tech startup or a large, well-established company
- Experience building, training and developing a team
- Extraordinary Excel / financial modeling skills. Best practices are second-nature, you can handle complexity but strive for simplicity
- Attention to detail combined with swift execution. We need to do things quickly and we need to do them well.
- Hustle - hustle and passion are the lifeblood of Uber. We move fast and deliver results because of our hustle and passion
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and relationship building skills - numbers are key, but a business is built with people. You possess the ability to distill complex analyses and nuanced problems into simple, logical frameworks with concrete action plans. High emotional intelligence and adept communication are required in our fast-moving environment
- Real teammate - this is a highly collaborative and supportive team environment
- Entrepreneurial self-starter - we don't have time or desire to micro-manage. You will take initiative, be enthusiastic and resourceful, set and drive toward solutions / goals in a fast-paced, rapidly-evolving environment
- Nice to have - Systems - working knowledge of enterprise-level financial planning systems
Employees receive Uber credits each month
Ground floor opportunity within a small but rapidly growing team; shape the strategic direction of the company
The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
Sharp, motivated co-workers in an office environment who work hard but know how to have fun
401(k) plan, gym reimbursement
Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top