Manager, Strategic Finance
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Forecasting a hyper-growth business is hard. Forecasting for one of the fastest growing startups ever, expanding in India across more than 200 markets, while driving optimisation for evolving business models - that's a challenge for the bold and it doesn't come around often.
Doing all this alongside a team that is as driven, creative, hands-on, smart, passionate and fun-loving as you are - now we're really talking.
As our company continues to expand aggressively, the Financial Planning & Analysis team is doing the same. We are building a finance team of leaders and athletes to tackle the challenges of efficiently scaling our dynamic, global business. We want you to bring considerable skill and experience to this role, but also humility and a team-player attitude, recognizing there's always more to learn and it's more fun doing it as part of a team.
As a lead in FP&A, you will help scale the team tasked with providing comprehensive financial insight into our business, while pushing to improve efficiency and growth. You will help drive forecasting, planning and analysis initiatives, running with them to improve our business.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Partner with Leadership Team, surfacing insights and providing P&L and planning support as we grow our business
- Coordinate closely with FP&A team in San Francisco - we're constantly evolving and upgrading our routines and deliverables, you'll need to constantly be in sync with the team in SF
- Go deep - this role is not about going an inch deep and a mile wide; we work on complex problems and dabbling will not cut it - roll 'em up
- City P&L planning - you will be primary point of contact for all things finance for a set of our cities (including forecasting, goal setting, modeling support)
- Sophisticated financial modeling - build models from scratch, improve existing models, break complex models down into components that consolidate - you can do it all
- Think strategically and then execute - the models we build aid in decision making and strategy - we operationalize our insights
- Help us scale efficiently - we'll always move fast, but evolving our planning processes and ensuring finance best practices spread through the organization
- Work closely with accounting to provide input on management reporting needs and better understand our actuals
- Help drive requirements and implementation for financial planning and business intelligence systems - (Hyperion, Adaptive, etc.)
- Innovate - we will push the boundaries beyond traditional forecasting. Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skillsets
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar
- 8+ years experience - Banking or Management Consulting, plus operational finance experience at either a high-growth tech startup or a large, well-established company
- People management experience - hiring, mentoring, building and managing a team
- Exceptional Excel skills
- Top-notch communication and people skills - numbers are key, but a business is built with people.
- Relationship building and adept communication are assets in our fast-moving environment
- Team player - this is a highly collaborative and supportive team environment
- Self-starter - we don't have time or desire to micro-manage. You will take initiative, be proactive, set and drive toward goals
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP
- Systems - working knowledge of enterprise-level financial planning systems
- Attention to detail - balanced with swift execution. We need to do things quickly and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging and this should be a strength of yours
- Nice to have - MBA from top-tier program, CFA or CPA
- Nice to have - SQL skills - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top