Manager, Security Engagement
Team at Uber
Uber’s Security team is committed to building a platform that people trust most with their data and their life. Our goal is to enable our employees across the world to make transportation reliable and safe in every city.
Who you are
We are looking for an experienced manager who can help us scale and advance the security education program, establishing internal identity and enhancing the architecture and evolving into a globally engaging offering. Successful candidates will bring unique ideas and know how to manage multiple threads of program to make measurable impact. You have the experience both in program management, learning & organizational development principles and communications, but aren’t scared of tossing out old methods to try something new. We move fast and need someone creative and determined to take the program to the next level.
What you’ll be doing
- Setting the long term strategic roadmap for education and communication geared towards increasing security related knowledge amongst our workforce.
- Develop communication framework for collaboration communication between the various security teams.
- Collaborating with various security teams to drive varied efforts catered and customized for roles and locations.
- Establish an internal identity for the security team with all stakeholders and partner teams and a cadence for varied levels of engagements.
- Iterate and improve existing programs using data-based ideas to drive impact and efficiency.
- Drive and define program success via OKRs, metrics and direct impact & alignment to the the organization’s mission.
- Participate in discussions to scope new projects. Partner with cross-functional teams on key communication initiatives.
What you’ll need
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, communication and written skills to influence and instill confidence at all levels and in all functions/geographies.
- Self-motivated and passionate about education and communications.
- Strong program management background with measured
- 7-9 years of experience building and scaling programs.
- Prior experience managing small teams with big impact.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution.
- Manage through influence and build relationships with leadership and teams alike.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top