Manager, Safety Data Insights
Uber is at the forefront of one of the most exciting marketplace challenges as the world rapidly evolves from desktop to on-demand mobile commerce. Our ability to effectively mitigate risk, maintain and enhance safety of this environment is key to our ongoing success and allows the company to make bold bets while maintaining a delightful and painless user experience. It’s our job to think about this so that our riders and drivers don’t have to.
We are looking for a strong lead for Safety Data Insights. This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing business and fast growing team. We are pioneering new techniques and drive innovations everyday that can help increase the safety
You will be working alongside best in industry data scientists, policy analysts and engineers to solve very challenging problems.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop and implement a long term strategic vision for a comprehensive safety data program.
- Transform business questions into fact based analysis that delivers clear insights and actionable recommendations
- Lead the development, implementation and measurement of Uber’s Safety program performance
- Identify key metrics and build exec-facing dashboards to track progress of the business and its highest priority initiatives
- Identify performance related opportunities for improvement, and recommend strategic or tactical solutions using supporting analysis
- Analyze rich user and transaction data, leverage machine learning models, rules, and other detection systems to drive the continuous improvement and optimize performance around safety
- Work with safety program teams to craft and communicate effective data-driven stories and updates to internal stakeholders in order to influence decisions and outcomes
- Work cross functionally to develop systems & tool to support safety program team efforts.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- An MBA or master’s degree or equivalent in statistics, analytics, operation research, engineering or related disciplines
- 7+ years of experience in business analytics
- Combine audience requirements domain expertise and feedback from other cross-functional members to deliver analyses that provide breadth and depth necessary to drive decision-making.
- Set and manage project/process expectations with key stakeholders.
- Build, develop, and grow relationships with key internal stakeholder teams.
- Recommend best practices to frame analyses to drive business decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to apply excellent analytical skills in identifying and resolving business problems, inquisitive by nature.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers, analysts, and subject matter experts.
- Strong trust & safety/ risk management domain knowledge preferred
- Proficient in programming using popular modeling techniques, decision trees, logistic regressions, SQL, R, Python, SAS or Perl etc
- Experience in handling large scale unstructured data using Hadoop. Ability to do more advanced data programming using Hive, Pig, Spark, etc helpful.
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking skills with a bias toward action and a get things done attitude
- Ability to take initiative in a fast-moving environment
- Team player mindset that takes ownership for a collective outcome and helps others along the way
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills that enable the team to build support from peers and senior management
- True passion for Uber’s mission and the company’s hybrid technology/operational nature.
- Employees receive Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top