Manager - Regional Head of Finance, US East, Strategic Finance
The Regional Head of Finance will join our regional management team in Washington, DC and help run one of Uber’s largest regions. In this role, you will be a strategic, financial, and operational thought partner to the US East Regional General Manager and the rest of the regional management team including the Strategy & Planning team as well as city General Managers.
You will have the critical role of surfacing regional finance priorities and partnering with HQ teams to deliver the solutions our regional and city teams need
You will help scale the regional team as our core business continues to grow and new businesses develop. You will be tasked with providing comprehensive financial insight into our business, while pushing to improve efficiency and growth of both top and bottom lines. You will help drive forecasting, planning initiatives, and managing regular activities to improve our business. In this role you will also mentor and develop team members, helping create a world-class team that goes deeper than just about anyone else in order to drive big results.
So if you’re ready to go deep working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you’ve got the proven finance skills, experience, passion, and a strong team mentality – read on and get in touch! The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit, hustles hard, and can handle the ever changing environment of a start up with a charisma that is consistent with the Uber brand.
What you’ll do:
- Be the strategic business partner to the US East Regional General Manager and other stakeholders
- Ensure effective financial management of the business: responsible for performing all financial tasks and oversight necessary to achieve the region’s mission and help execute growth plans
- Participate as a member of the regional management team to ensure sound, data-driven decisions
- Responsible for performing all financial tasks and oversight necessary to achieve the region’s mission and help execute growth plans
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the region including profit and loss reports, and monitoring of regional and cash flow budgets
- Manage and oversee various relationships with HQ financial partners, including Financial Planning & Analysis, Strategic Pricing & Planning, Accounting, Financial Operations, and Financial Applications
- Participate in developing new products and markets by assisting in identifying new opportunities and managing all aspects of financial assessment including ROI, IRR, and cash flow analysis
- Help determine and drive prioritization of the region’s major initiatives, driving them from start to finish
- Business partnering – work closely with company leaders to develop financial forecasts and operational goals, apply business judgement and financial insights to assist with decision making
- Region and City P&L planning – you will be primary point of contact for all things finance for the region cities (including forecasting, goal setting, modeling support)
- Help us scale efficiently – we’ll always move fast, but evolving our planning processes and ensuring finance best practices spread through the organization
- Help drive requirements and implementation for financial planning and business intelligence systems – (Oracle TM1, Coupa, SQL, etc.)
What you’ll need:
- BS/BA in a quantitative field with excellent academic record (MBA a plus)
- 7+ years experience – with significant functional competence, and credible leadership experience, playing both operational and strategic roles in the finance arena. Operational finance experience at a high-growth tech startup or established tech company a plus
- People management experience – hiring, mentoring, building, and managing a team
- Ability to manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously with a sense of urgency
- Hustle – hustle and passion are the lifeblood of Uber. We move fast and deliver results because of our hustle and passion
- Go deep – this role is not about going an inch deep and a mile wide; we work on complex problems and dabbling will not cut it – we expect someone who enjoys going deep on issues
- Think strategically and then execute – the models we build aid in decision making and strategy – we operationalize our insights
- Top-notch communication and people skills – numbers are key, but a business is built with people. Relationship building and adept communication are assets in our fast-moving environment
- Team player – this is a highly collaborative and supportive team environment
- Self-starter – we don’t have time or desire to micro-manage. You will take initiative, be proactive, set and drive toward goals
- Systems – working knowledge of enterprise-level financial planning systems
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top