Manager of International Tax Reporting
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Uber is looking to add a Tax Manager of International Tax Reporting to our rapidly growing team! This role will report to our Senior Manager of International Tax Reporting and support our domestic and international tax functions. This is an amazing opportunity to join a newly established tax team and make an immediate impact. If you welcome a high-growth, fast-paced international environment, we're excited to hear from you.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Manage the preparation and completion of the international tax forms filed as part of the consolidated tax return (i.e. Forms 5471, 8858, 926) including associated tax return disclosures for international tax issues and transactions
- Act as liaison with International Tax Planning and maintain highly collaborative relationship with primary goal to ensure tax compliance and provision matters are properly factored
- Manage and review of the annual and interim foreign income provision, including providing guidance and training to regional tax teams on foreign provision packages
- Perform direct tax technical research including analysis and interpretation of relevant tax laws, regulations, cases and agency guidance, and update relevant stakeholders as appropriate
- Manage preparation and review of Subpart F and Earning and Profits calculations
- Coordinate preparation and review of income tax account reconciliation working closely with local tax teams
- Monitor and review annual financial statements and disclosures for all international entities making sure timely delivery and submission
- Support international aspects of US tax controversy, establish ASC740-10 tax reserves, track status of global audits, and draft memorandums
- Assist with international aspects of acquisition accounting and integration as needed
- Develop plans to streamline the tax compliance and provision process as it relates to international tax
What You'll Need
- At least 6+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or similar
- CPA and/or Master's in Taxation preferred
- Excellent international tax operations knowledge and familiarity of tax issues for a multinational company operating globally
- Experience with ASC 740
- Excellent organizational, technical, analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively guide and inspire a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, and research programs (i.e. RIA, BNA)
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
About the Team
We build scalable and well-controlled processes to support timely and accurate financial and statutory reporting and ensure compliance with regional and local tax regulations.
Back to top