Manager, IT Builds
- Manage a team of Technical Project Managers focused on delivering technology (Network, AV, VoIP etc) for Uber’s new office builds, migrations or upgrades.
- Be the primary interface to all internal customers related to a new office build (Facilities, Physical Security, Network, AV, etc)
- Develop and scale internal processes for managing, and tracking all new office builds from design, deployment to FDOB and then eventually hand off to operations.
- Develop framework for measuring success of the new builds from a technology standpoint.
- Track progress, understand dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders. Engage and energize the project teams to achieve aggressive goals
- Proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress. Manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities.
- 8-10 years of experience in technical program management, with 3-5 years of experience managing team(s) in a very dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Technical competency. Strong technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges and risks. Engineers enjoy working closely with you.
- Project management. Ideally familiar with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and able to apply them where best suited.
- Communication. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence. Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships.
- Highly organized. Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Analytical. Ability to understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions with sometimes imperfect data.
- Results oriented. Detail oriented. Driven. Take initiative without being asked. Creative.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top