Manager - India Contractor Workforce
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The Manager, India Contractor Workforce role is a unique opportunity to shape the large and ever growing contractor workforce and enable business results across mega-regions and businesses. This role calls for a rare combination of strategic planning and analytics, operations management and above all a passion for the people in the contractor workforce and their positive impact on the business.
You will work together with a variety of teams which utilise contract workforce including Greenlight Hubs, City teams, Central driver operations teams and others.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Single point of contact: Be the single point of contact for all business related issues for the contractor workforce including budgeting, payroll, analytics, vendor management, procurement, invoicing, internal CxO communications, product/process improvements and escalations.
- Budgeting: Ensure an organisation wide alignment (including specific budgets for specific functions) on the Uber India contractor budget based on performance metrics and KPIs
- Payroll: Ensure smooth monthly payroll by partnering with the vendor, local managers and General Managers so that people are paid accurately, on time and with 100% compliance
- Procurement: Ensure a proper process is put in place and implemented with accuracy to ensure all hiring of contract workforce is managed through the procurement process without increasing clerical workload but achieving all Operational and Financial objectives
- Invoicing: Ensure a proper process is put in place and implemented to ensure accurate invoices segregated by budget owners, properly approved by relevant stages of stakeholders and accurate payment released to the vendor on time
- Vendor relationship: Be the single point contact for all vendor related issues and ensure speedy resolution for all functions and geographies within India
- CxO communication: Share monthly reports demonstrating quantitative and qualitative insights into the performance of the contractor workforce and the vendor
- Product & Process improvement: Identify pain points and implement compliant improvements in partnership with internal and external stakeholders
- Bringing people together: Act as a glue to bring people together across business, finance, payments, compliance, vendors and senior management to solve tough problems, deliver contractor employee happiness and deliver strong business results while evolving the contractor organisation's RACI based on changing realities
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of work experience, preferably in workforce management, business process improvement, stakeholder management, cost-benefit analyses and/or operations
- Excellent understanding operational challenges of core and support businesses including cross-functional issues and how to drive compliance
- Excellent analytical skills
- Fast learner
- Knowledge of advanced Microsoft Excel (or equivalent)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Comfortable with presenting and communicating with different levels of business stakeholders
- Ability to turn around problems into solutions very, very quickly
- Proven ability to effectively organize, prioritize and handle multiple assignments simultaneously and meet deliverables under tight deadlines
- Results oriented, highly motivated self starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Back to top