Manager, Financial Applications
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job:
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. Our mission is to empower Uber to grow intelligently and to enable business decisions through real-time and predictive data insights. FinTech is a part of the CFO's organization and responsible for innovating & building the best financial products & systems in the world. Our DNA is customer obsession, top-quality products, teamwork and transparency.
If you have the right stuff to join the Uber Finance Technology Team, you'll work among star engineers, designers and product managers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, hybrid technology/operations environment. We are highly user-centric and we deeply believe we can innovate our way out of any box. The role demands great creativity, principled thinking, well honed product judgment, a stubborn refusal to settle, bold innovation, a high design bar and a mentality of starting with the rider and working backwards.
Can you make stakeholders happy by organizing teams and projects to deliver system solutions? Do you enjoy developing compelling, data-driven prioritizations across a variety of project teams and disciplines? Are you looking for a growth challenge, to take your management skills to the next level in a dynamic enterprise? If this sounds like you then read on...
The FinTech team is looking for a business-focused IT leader to help drive a variety of systems initiatives, the ideal candidate is a mixture of product manager, system architect, and business development / salesperson. You'll lead a variety of strategic initiatives supporting Uber's business leaders across different areas of Finance and Finance Operations.
What you'll do:
- Distill vision and strategy for the team, get all members of cross-functional team #superpumped.
- Developing budget, hiring, and roadmap planning within functional areas
- Partnering with other leaders on the Finance Technology team to help delight our internal customers
- Categorize and track issues & KPI's, ensure proper resolutions from the product team
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction, whether in the form of competitive intel, rider behavior or other business metrics. Solicit and embrace critical feedback.
- Drive cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals.
- Drive innovation, definition, deliverables planning (roadmap) and design of entirely new Uber products and product features to deliver against team and company goals. Requires challenging all members of cross-functional team (engineering, design, etc.) to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans.
- You are a solution Ninja, you can think out of the box and come up with an innovative and creative solution.
- Be it third party ERP's (Oracle or Coupa) or home grown solutions you can figure out relevant pieces of functionality and tie them together to come up with the Financial Dashboard needed.
- You have an eye for detail and can pick a broken system or process quickly and can either guide through a solution or rally the troops to get a solution.
What you'll need:
- Minimum 5+ years experience deploying financial systems transformation projects in complex, global organizations coupled with a minimum 5+ years total experience in accounting, finance, or related business experience. Minimum 3+ years managing a team.
- Demonstrated skills growing and managing teams for success
- Strong background with managing product or business system roadmaps and building the business cases for prioritization across a diverse set of stakeholders
- Experience or familiarity with Oracle R12, Coupa, or other ERP/Accounting systems
- Excellent communications skills for both business and technical audiences
- Business, Data, or Computer Science education
- Employees are given free & discounted Uber rides every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top