Manager - Billing, Credit and Collections
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role:
Our Operations Finance team is looking to add a hands-on, details-oriented Finance Manager to our rapidly growing finance team in Hyderabad, India. We are looking for a leader who can design, implement and manage the Uber for Businesses Invoicing, credit, collections and cash accounting functions in shared service center in India operating North America, EMEA and APAC regions. You will work closely with various Uber city teams as well as regional teams like HR, Accounting, Tax, Legal and Uber's external vendors. You will report directly to the Global Process Owner of Account receivable.
What you'll do:
- Manage the Outsourced accounting team in India in their day-to-day activities
- Be the liaison with the US AR team
- Manage and be accountable for the month-end close for the AR functions including review of journal entries, account reconciliations and ad hoc analysis
- Ensure SLA and KPI established are being met and find opportunities to outsource activities or processes to our third party service provider
- Work with the AR GPO to review existing processes, structures, and systems in order to simplify and standardise
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Develop with the AR GPO business requirements documents to build and implement solutions
- Ensure controls are operating effectively and conform to all legal and regulatory accounting and Tax requirements, including compliance with corporate policies, local statutory requirements and Sarbanes Oxley
- With the AR GPO Develop & implement workflows & processes to ensure timely & accurate collections and invoicing compliance across a range of products that supports evolving business needs
- Review the policy and control reports requirements
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree [Accounting Preferred]
- A minimum of 6 years of progressive experience in Accounting/Operations teams, preferably in a global shared services environment and working with BPO's
- Strong functional knowledge of the following areas: customer record maintenance, credit management, customer invoicing, receivables aging, collections, customer payments and revenue reporting
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of International statutory compliance requirements
- Strong in process improvement & methodology
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail and completeness
- Hands-on, strong work ethic and can-do attitude
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate key information and status to stakeholders
- Language: fluent speaker/writer in English
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top