Manager, Accounts Payable
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Our India Finance Operations team is looking to add a hands-on, details-oriented Finops Manager to our rapidly growing finance team in Hyderabad. You will work closely with various Uber city teams as well as regional teams like HR, Accounting, Tax, Legal and Uber's external vendors.
We are looking for someone who can help us run daily operations, as well as run projects and workflows that enable you to see the bigger picture from an operations perspective.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage the Finance Operations team for India and work closely with our outsource service provider (BPO).
- Manage and oversee the entire Accounts Payable process and collaborate with our Travel & Entertainment (T&E), Buyer Operations (BOPS) and Compliance teams to ensure vendors and employees expenses are paid on time and taxes are correctly recorded.
- Develop & implement workflows & processes to ensure timely & accurate invoice processing in line with Vendor Master set-up and adhering to local compliance requirements.
- Strong understanding of the banking and payments processes in India.
- Ensure SLA's metrics are met & well managed with stakeholders.
- Lead the month/year-end (close) activities to ensure accounts are accurate and timely reconciled to GL
- Develop & ensure controls are operating effectively and conform to all legal and regulatory accounting and Tax requirements, including compliance with corporate policies, local statutory requirements and Sarbanes Oxley.
- Work closely with other functions (e.g. Accounting team, Tax/Compliance, Driver Operations, BOPS/Procurement, the Business) to proactively manage and resolve business and operational issues in an innovative, efficient and effective manner.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor's degree [Accounting Preferred]
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in Accounting/Operations teams, preferably in a global shared services environment
- 5-6 years of management experience and ability to manage remote staff.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Brazil statutory compliance requirements
- Strong Oracle R12 knowledge
- Strong in process improvement & methodology
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail and completeness
- Hands-on, strong work ethic and can-do attitude.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate key information and status to stakeholders.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top