Manager, Accounts Payable
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Finops manager will work closely with various Uber city teams as well as regional teams like HR, Accounting, Tax, Legal and Uber's external vendors.
We are looking for someone who can help us run daily operations, as well as run projects and workflows that enable you to see the bigger picture from an operations.
What You'll Do
- Review and oversee the Procure to Pay work performed in India by our outsourced service provider to ensure vendors and employees expenses are paid on time and taxes are correctly recorded
- Monitor the team performance and analyse gaps and issues of low performers
- Ensure SLA's metrics are met & well managed with stakeholders
- Review BPO team process and come with recommendations and process improvement as needed
- Develop & ensure controls are operating effectively and conform to all legal and regulatory accounting and Tax requirements, including compliance with corporate policies, local statutory requirements and Sarbanes Oxley
- Work closely with other functions to proactively manage and resolve business and operational issues in an innovative, efficient and effective manner
- Be the eyes and ears on the ground for Uber providing recommendations on for business efficiencies as well as overall working dynamics of BPO team
- Partner with BPO management to identify areas of improvement related to operational efficiency and productivity
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree [Accounting Preferred]
- A progressive experience in Accounting/Operations teams, preferably in a global shared services environment
- Minimum of 10 years of management experience and ability to manage remote staff.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of India statutory compliance requirements
- Strong Oracle R12 knowledge
- Strong in process improvement & methodology
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail and completeness
- Hands-on, strong work ethic and can-do attitude
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate key information and status to stakeholders
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top