Manager, Account Management- Uber Freight
Manager, Account Management: Uber Freight
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
We're looking for a leader within our Account Management function on the Uber Freight team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in:
- People management: Manage, mentor, and cultivate highly successful and engaged teams that make things happen. Monitor, evaluate, and develop the performance of managers, individuals, and teams.
- Best-in-class Account Management: Drive your teams towards short and long-term growth goals, ensuring the right people and processes are in place to get there.
- Collaboration: Facilitate focused and productive communication and collaboration within teams and between teams. Collaborate closely with sales team and carrier sales to identify, develop, and drive adoption of standard methodologies for long-term growth across your region and others.
What you'll do:
- Build and manage a successful Account Management team responsible for exceeding load critical metrics and working closely with leadership and cross-functional teams.
- Be a strategic thought partner to the Account Manager General Manager and multiple General Managers in regards to account operations and growth strategy.
- Initiate growth strategies for the Mid-Market team and drive successful execution to achieve results.
- Collaborate closely with sales operations to analyze results and see opportunities to improve systems, processes, and programs.
What you have:
- At least 10 years of experience in B2B companies with a track record of steadily growing responsibility in operations or customer growth with 3+ years of people management experience
- A track record of developing people and building teams, with references.
- High degree of comfort with change; Uber's high growth means frequent change for teams.
- High standards for your performance and your team's performance.
- Extraordinary communication and organizational skills
- A builders' spirit; making something, where nothing existed before gets you excited.
- Flexibility to travel to customers
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another app, we're moving real people and goods and reinventing transportation,logistics and eating habits globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top