Machine Learning Systems Engineer, Self-Driving, Pittsburgh
Are you passionate about designing machine learning systems that power real-world applications? Do you specialize in scaling machine learning algorithms to run on very large datasets in distributed scenarios? Are you excited about using machine learning to make self-driving cars a reality? If you answered yes to one or more of these, this might be your dream job!
At ATG, we are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in San Francisco, Pittsburgh, and Toronto, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies. Our teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. In addition to transporting people, we are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world. We are working to make the process of moving people and goods safer and more efficient.
As a machine learning systems engineer you will be designing machine learning platforms and pipelines for training and running machine learning models that solve perception, prediction, tracking, and motion planning problems to bring self-driving car features to life. This is your chance to develop cutting-edge technology that will help change the future of transportation around the world!
What you'll be doing
- Machine learning algorithms and their implementations e.g., Spark, Hadoop, TensorFlow, Caffe, CNTK, Neon, Torch etc
- Working with BIG data, processing millions of samples and billions of features for modeling
- Building and owning production models, pipelines, and runtimes
- Crowdsourcing and machine teaching technologies like Crowdflower and MTurk
What you'll need
- A BS in machine learning, computer vision, robotics, or related field
- A strong quantitative background
- Excellent software development skills in one or more of C, C++, Java, or Python
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Two years of experience in software design and development
- An MS or PhD in machine learning, computer vision or robotics
- Experience with MapReduce and Streaming paradigms such as Spark, Hadoop, or Pig
- Experience with scalable data and analytics infrastructure such as NOSQL, DynamoDB, Kafka, BigTable, Lucene, Elasticsearch, RDBMS and Presto
- Experience in designing and building infrastructure and web services at large scale
- Track record of building and shipping machine learning features in products
- Five years of experience in software design and development
- Prior work in automotive applications
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top