Machine Learning Specialist, Self Driving
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Do you dream about changing the world using your passion for science and engineering? Then you should apply to join our engineering team taking on machine learning challenges in the area of self-driving technology. The work you do at the ATG will be tested and deployed on real systems, in real-world conditions. The experience you gain as a member of the ATG team will be unique and exciting, we can promise you that!
What You'll Do
- Develop machine learning algorithms for supervised learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning and active learning
- Apply these algorithms to self driving vehicles
- Build and own production ML models, pipelines, and runtimes
- Collaborate and present your work throughout the ATG organization
What You'll Need
- A degree in a machine learning related discipline -- positions are available at the PhD, MS, and BS levels
- A strong quantitative background
- Excellent software development skills in C/C++ and/or Python
- Knowledge of machine learning commensurate with education/experience level
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Machine learning areas of special interests include: active learning and Bayesian optimization, anomaly detection, deep networks, distributed/parallel learning algorithms, image/video classification, learning control, predictive modeling.
Bonus Points If
- Track record of building and shipping machine learning features in products
- Prior work in automotive applications
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Phoenix, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
The Prediction Team's mission is to deliver machine learning based features and develop solutions for the future of self-driving.
Back to top