Machine Learning Algorithms Engineer, Self-Driving, Pittsburgh
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
As a machine learning algorithms engineer you will be designing supervised, semi-supervised, active learning, and unsupervised algorithms for solving perception, prediction, tracking, and motion planning problems to bring self-driving car features to life. This is your chance to develop state of the art technology that will help change the future of transportation around the world!
What You'll Do
- Machine learning algorithms e.g., supervised methods like logistic regression, SVMs, random forests, deep learning & reinforcement learning and also semi-supervised & active learning approaches that leverage a human in the loop
- Work with BIG data, processing millions of samples and billions of features for modeling
- Build and own production models, pipelines, and runtimes
- Crowdsourcing and machine teaching technologies like Crowdflower and MTurk
What You'll Need
- A BS in machine learning, computer vision, robotics, or related field
- A strong quantitative background
- Excellent software development skills in one or more of C, C++, Java, or Python
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Minimum 2 years of experience in software design and development
Bonus Points If
- An MS or PhD in machine learning, computer vision or robotics
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop, Pig, or other MapReduce paradigms
- Experience designing and building infrastructure and web services at large scale
- Track record of building and shipping machine learning features in products
- Prior work in automotive applications
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Phoenix, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
We are passionate about designing machine learning algorithms and applying them to solve real-world problems. We focus on areas such as computer vision, perception, and deep neural networks to help make self-driving cars a reality.
See Inside the Office of Uber
Uber is an on-demand car service that’s shaking up transportation systems around the world. By solving some of the world’s biggest problems, Uber hopes to create a future where there is limitless freedom of movement for people and things across the globe. Through passion, optimism, and curiosity for building solutions, the team at Uber strives to learn together, solve together, build together, and ultimately move the world forward together.
Back to top