Loss Mitigation Specialist - Xchange Leasing
About Vehicle Solutions
Uber is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use every day. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life. The mission of Uber's Vehicle Solutions business is to lower the barriers to becoming an Uber driver-partner by increasing accessibility to a vehicle. Vehicle Solutions delivers on that mission globally today through a number of products, including direct flexible leases, vehicle rentals, and vehicle financing options. In the U.S., our direct flexible lease program is called Xchange Leasing.
Uber Vehicle Solutions has validated a very strong product/market fit and is poised to become a highly strategic lever for Uber's rideshare business by creating tailored offerings to enhance the experience for both prospective and existing Uber drivers. The division is going through a phase of hyper business and organizational growth to match market validation. For more details on Xchange Leasing and the Uber Vehicle Solutions program, take a look at our Xchange home page HERE
About the job
The Loss Mitigation Specialist role is an opportunity to help cultivate growth by supporting the Lease servicing processes within Xchange Leasing, an Uber subsidiary which is designed to offer a financing option to fit with the flexibility that drivers value most. The job calls for a combination of people skills, excellent attention to detail, and a excellent mind for numbers.
What you'll do
- Provide lease servicing by using proprietary and third party software to cultivate growth in a leaderboard centered culture
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation prior to approval for payment
- Create and monitor billing workflows by tracking, documenting and archiving all invoice approvals/denials
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Develop partnerships with important stakeholders in several areas of our business - internally and externally
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Coordinate monthly invoice reviews with internal vendor managers
- Assist with other projects as needed
What you'll need
- College graduates encouraged to apply!
- Data-driven mentality and sound business judgment through critical thinking
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Startup mentality (takes initiative)
- A willingness to be on the ground working with our business partners
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with internal and external partners
- Incredibly empathetic and understanding. You will be an advocate for Xchange Leasing and are passionate about the leasing experience
- You have exceptional organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks
- Be a problem solver at heart with a genuine interest in learning by doing
Bonus points if
- At least 1 year of professional experience and/or a Bachelor's Degree
- Prior auto industry experience
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Free daily catered lunch and free snacks and drinks
- 401(k) plan, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Generous vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top