Logistics Program Specialist
Logistics Program Specialist, EMEA
The Uber Advanced Technology Group (ATG) is an elite division of the elite Uber Engineering Team. We focus on the development of key long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. Our research is primarily in the areas of mapping, vehicle safety, and autonomy. Our team is comprised of world-renowned researchers with decades of experience.
We are building a world Class team to integrate our technologies into OEM vehicles. The team includes a strong Program Management team that works with both our internal engineering team and the vehicle manufacturer and ensures we deliver world-leading vehicles with our technology.
The team has need for a strong logistics professional to manage the EMEA region of this logistics program to support the program's global growth. This individual has a background in Logistics and transportation modalities, with a focus on Air and Ground products.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Manage all coordination of collection from local vendors and Exports from Region
- Manage all Imports tracking and hand over to local vendors within Region
- Drive Logistics Performance for Uber ATG, logistics should never be the bottleneck
- Establish strong vendor relationships to coordinate movements based on INCOTerms EXW, FCA/FOB, DDP
- Ensure safety and regulatory requirements are met and enforced to ensure fluid movement of products around the globe
- Compliance audits on all logistics files for completeness and accuracy
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in Logistics / Freight Forwarding
- Fiercely detail oriented, especially in regards to import / export documentation
- DG certified and solid experience in handling Dangerous Goods shipments
- Solid experience with carrier management and an eye for spotting ideal routings and timelines
- Experience with Customs Documentation and full import and export processes
- Experience in monitoring and managing vendor performance and on time metrics
- Ability to handle situations with vendors when shipments experience issues impacting project timelines to minimize the overall effect
- Communication. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently in a global fragmented environment
- Highly organized. Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Ability to anticipate and manage risks and mitigate these across the logistical chain
- Results oriented. Detail oriented. Driven. Take initiative without being asked. Creative.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Have intricate knowledge Air Export and Import with a focus on EMEA
- Have experience with handling lithium battery shipments
- Have experience with Temporary Imports or Carnets
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Do you dream about changing the world using your passion for excellence and speed in delivery? Then you should apply to join our team. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about disrupting the transportation industry across the world. We are moving real assets and real people. Our work will make this process safer and more efficient now and in the decades to come.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top