Logistics Program Associate - APAC
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
The Uber Map Editing team is laser focused on improving the underlying map technology to make Uber services world class. The team has need for a strong leader to manage the APAC region of this logistics program to support the program’s global expansion. The ideal individual has a background in Logistics and transportation modalities, with a focus on Air and Ground products.
What you’ll do:
- Manage all Imports tracking and hand over to the local team within APAC
- Manage all the coordination of collection from the local team and Exports from APAC
- Drive Logistics Performance for Uber’s Map Editing Team, logistics should never be the bottleneck
- Regional ownership of 3PL Network from the performance measurement of the network to establishing ad hoc requirements
- Manage the Regional Logistics Invoicing
- Establish multiple country warehousing strategies and execute upon the strategies
- Ensure safety and regulatory requirements are met and enforced to ensure fluid movement of products around the globe
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- 3 to 5 years experience in Logistics
- Fiercely detail oriented, especially in regards to import / export documentation
- Experience in establishing and managing vendor performance and on time metrics
- Ability to handle situations with vendors when shipments experience issues impacting project timelines to minimize the overall effect
- Communication. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently in a global fragmented environment
- Highly organized. Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Ability to anticipate and manage risks and mitigate these across the logistical chain
- Results oriented. Detail oriented. Driven. Take initiative without being asked. Creative.
Bonus Points if you have:
- Worked for a 3PL
- Have intricate knowledge Air Export and Import with a focus on APAC
- Have experience with Customs Documentation
- Have experience with Temporary Imports or Carnets
- Employees are given Uber credits every month!
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top