At ATG, we are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Our work doesn't end with transporting people. We are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world. We are working to make the process of moving people and goods safer and more efficient.
We're looking for talented engineers to help develop the next generation system for localization and mapping for Uber's self-driving vehicles. We are a group of diverse researchers, engineers, and computer scientists who are motivated by the challenges of developing reliable, accurate, and scalable solutions across a wide range of operational scenarios. We are particularly interested in candidates with experience in SLAM, 3D reconstruction, and visual odometry, who have applied geometric computer vision techniques to real-world problems.
What you'll need
- MS/PhD degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience programming in C++ and Python
- Experience or familiarity with state of the art theory for visual SLAM, 3D reconstruction, bundle adjustment, and place recognition
- Prior experience in pose estimation, probabilistic filtering, and/or nonlinear optimization
- Numerical or scientific computing
- Consistent track record in implementing computationally expensive algorithms in commodity hardware
- Comfortable building in undefined and dynamic environments
- You are expected to be a strong C++ programmer experienced in operating on Linux, with modern tool chains and development work practices.
- Ability to lead small teams and work with a group of remote engineers
Bonus points if
- Experience in self-driving technologies is a plus
- Inertial navigation experience
- Visual odometry experience
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top