Legal Director, Vehicle Leasing
We are currently searching for a Director for Xchange Leasing, an Uber company, with expertise in federal and state vehicle finance and leasing laws. You will be based in San Francisco. The new addition to our team must be organized, experienced and willing to take on the responsibility to make things happen. The right person will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, has a “the buck stops here” mentality, and can thrive in a startup culture. Read on…
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage compliance with, and provide guidance on, federal and state vehicle finance, consumer leasing, and financial privacy laws
- Manage state-by-state licensing requirements for vehicle finance and leasing initiatives and programs
- Collaborate with external advisors and internal business partners to identify and assess legal, financial and operational risks pertaining to vehicle finance and leasing activities
- Advise on interaction with state and federal regulators, where appropriate
- Provide support for examinations and/or investigations
WHAT YOU ARE
- 12+ years of experience in a law firm or corporate legal department, government agency or trade association practicing in the area of consumer financial services, including 7+ years of experience with a vehicle finance company or a private law firm representing vehicle finance companies; consumer purpose vehicle leasing experience preferred
- Deep knowledge of federal and state vehicle finance and leasing legal issues and industry practices
- Expertise in vehicle finance, consumer leasing, and financial privacy laws (including the Truth in Lending Act. Consumer Leasing Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Electronic Funds Transfer Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, Federal Trade Commission Rules, UDAP and UDAAP)
- Strong academic credentials and law degree from a top law school
- California State Bar member
- Possess excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- You like responsibility and thrive under pressure
- Enthusiastic about vehicle finance and leasing!
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of Xchange Leasing
- The rare opportunity to change the world by disrupting a traditional industry with creative solutions and helping to reinvent how the world looks at transportation
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top