Legal Director (Insurance) - APAC
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
We’re disrupting the transportation space while growing in the U.S. and internationally! Insurance for drivers and riders is a critical part of our business and we are constantly innovating around how. We are currently searching for a Legal Director, with deep expertise in the international insurance market to join the Uber Legal Team. You would be based in Singapore, Beijing, or Hong Kong. Do you want to bring your expertise to Uber? Read on…
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with the Senior Legal Director, Policy team and Director of International Insurance on insurance matters for Uber and its entities around the world
- Insurance policy making support, including analysis of proposed rules and legislative drafting in multiple jurisdictions
- Heavy research regarding commercial and personal auto insurance requirements in jurisdictions Uber operates
- Litigation support related to insurance claims and coverage
- Insurance product development, policy form review and other related drafting
- Supporting new insurance initiatives
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of insurance company or law firm experience primarily involving Property and Casualty insurance
- In-house experience preferred with a multinational carrier strongly preferred
- Strong academic credentials and law degree from a top law school
- Qualified to practice in at least one APAC country
- Fluency in Mandarin strongly preferred
- Possess excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm about Uber!
- Employees are given Uber credits every month!
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top