Legal Director, Ethics & Compliance - APAC
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the role
As Legal Director, Ethics & Compliance in Asia Pacific you will be responsible for enhancing the compliance program across APAC. This position reports to the Associate General Counsel, Global Compliance. The role is based in Singapore.
About the Team
Our Global Compliance team is responsible for not only counseling and educating team members but also working with government officials to set frameworks for competition and antitrust issues. Being flexible is key when working with our various teams to understand the various regulatory environments we operate in.
What you'll do
- Provide employees with clear policies and procedures
- Develop high-impact awareness, education, and training for regional compliance
- Provide effective compliance counseling and advice
- Identify compliance liabilities and successfully drive mitigation efforts
- Demonstrate familiarity with the global framework affecting the technology industry; such as international laws governing technology, interactions with government institutions, and government officials to address antitrust and competition issues
What you'll need
- At least 12+ years of experience between private practice, government service and/or in-house role.
- Law degree from an accredited law school required
- Strong written and verbal communication in English
- Experience with the Foreign Corruption Practices Act and/or comparable anti-corruption rules and regulations in Asia Pacific
- Exposure to import/export control laws and regulations, international competition laws and regulations, and data privacy laws in Asia Pacific
- Excellent analytical and legal skills, mature discernment, and innovative thinking
- Adaptable and resilient person with the demonstrated ability to make decisions and impact, persuade and build consensus
- Demonstrated effectiveness operating in complex organizational environments and self-starter qualities
Bonus points if
- Technology and international experience
- Regional language skills
Back to top