Legal Director, Australia & New Zealand
We're disrupting the transportation and logistics world, and with that comes the need for top legal talent. We are currently searching for a Legal Director, Australia & New Zealand to lead the ANZ legal team and be responsible for the management of legal affairs in those markets. This position reports to the Associate General Counsel, Head of APAC Legal, and is based in Sydney. Do you want to bring your expertise to Uber? Read on…
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead a small but high-performing and engaged team of lawyers and support staff.
- Be responsible for the successful management of all legal and regulatory matters in the Australian & New Zealand markets.
- Be a trusted adviser to the business, and provide critical legal and strategic input on a wide variety of matters.
- Partner closely with the Public Policy and Communications teams to ensure strategic alignment and the successful execution of important initiatives.
- Be a strong people leader and participate effectively as a member of the ANZ business leadership team.
- Excel at leadership while also undertaking executional work. This is a hands-on role and you'll be expected to handle significant and complex legal matters with short turnaround times.
- Provide effective and pragmatic counselling and advice.
- Identify risks and successfully drive mitigation efforts.
- Leverage familiarity with the global framework affecting the technology industry, such as international laws governing technology, interactions with government institutions, and working with government officials to address competition law issues.
WHAT YOU ARE
- A minimum of 12 years of post-admission experience, with significant in-house experience. Technology and international experience also strongly preferred.
- Deep regulatory expertise and proven track record with issues management.
- Law degree from an accredited law school required.
- Superior analytical and legal skills, mature judgment, and innovative thinking.
- Dynamic and resilient individual with the demonstrated ability to make decisions and influence, persuade and build consensus.
- Demonstrated effectiveness operating in complex organizational environments and self-starter qualities.
- An effective leader who builds trust and excels at people management.
- Enthusiastic about Uber!
- Employees receive a number of free Uber rides each month.
- Help shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another app -- we're reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment in the Sydney CBD.
- Monthly gym and phone allowances.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top