Legal Counsel, Transactions (France & Southern Europe)
Uber is a game-changing company that allows users to request quality, on-demand mobility with the touch of a button on their smartphone. We are in 460+ cities worldwide and 40+ countries across Europe, Middle East and Africa (“EMEA”) with plans to continue expanding our business offering.
We are looking for an ambitious Counsel to spearhead our transactional efforts across France and Southern Europe based in Uber’s Paris office while working in close collaboration with colleagues from across the EMEA Legal department. You will be part of the France and Southern Europe legal team and, as such, you will be expected to occasionally travel in the region and to our international HQ in Amsterdam.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be a true business partner on a variety of areas and matters for the company, including business, commercial and technology transactions, to stay ahead of the curve and efficiently manage (legal) risk.
- Provide cutting-edge legal advice to our local teams on commercial contracts such as technology agreements, promotional agreements, sponsorships, partnerships as well as general procurement and marketing and advertising initiatives.
- Lead from beginning to end the review, drafting and negotiating of a wide variety of contracts.
- Assist on (pre) litigation matters as relevant, especially when involving commercial and/or contracts law aspects.
- Work hard but have fun doing it!
WHAT YOU NEED
- Circa 6 years of legal experience; in-house experience preferred but not required
- Strong commercial drafting and negotiation skills, with expertise in consumers law as well as in advertisement and e-commerce related issues
- Fluent in written and spoken French and English; any other latin language helpful but not required
- Entrepreneurial spirit or experience strongly preferred
- Excellent business judgment, communication, interpersonal skills, and a crisp writing style
- Able to think on your feet and make quick decisions in high impact/high profile situations
- 3+1 personal qualities: fierce, creative and engaged + humble!
To apply, please send your up to date CV in English
- Free Uber credits!
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
- Health care package to fit your needs
- Work in the most interesting and challenging legal department and company of modern times!
- We’re not just another social web app: we help real people and assets move around our cities.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top