Legal Counsel - Transactions
We’re a game-changing company offering our users global access to quality on-demand transportation and logistics services with a touch of their smartphone. We are currently searching for a Counsel in our Brazil Transactions group, with specific expertise in supporting a growing and fast-moving company with sales, procurement, marketing and real estate activities, as well as relevant experience negotiating, drafting and managing commercial transactions and product support as we scale nationally and globally. You will be based at Uber’s HUB at São Paulo. Are you a master of contracts and negotiations? Do you want to bring your expertise to Uber? Read on…
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work primarily with our sales, procurement, marketing and real state teams, supporting the negotiation and drafting of various agreements for our Company, as well as establishing legal tools and policies to support the process
- Collaborate with various business teams as a day-to-day point of contact within the legal group to provide legal advice and manage negotiations and agreements
- Support the Marketing, Product and City teams on various other transactional matters
- Handle the review, drafting and negotiation of a wide variety of contracts including, but not limited to, marketing and promotional agreements, advertising and commercial agreements, strategic relationships, real state agreements and other business and product matters
- Continually review and analyze legal risks for Uber nationally and internationally
WHAT YOU ARE
- 3 – 6 years combined in-house and law firm experience at mid to large size law firm
- Direct experience working with multinational companies to negotiate, draft and finalize agreements, and provide ongoing legal support to product implementation and client management
- Experienced with supporting product development and release, commercial transactions, strategic partnership agreements, marketing agreements, real estate agreements, services and supplier relationships, privacy and data use.
- Strong academic credentials and law degree from a top law school
- Excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills, ability to advise clients on a wide variety of legal and compliance issues in the context of fast-moving global operations
- Interest in expanding scope of your practice to other areas of law as part of a growing legal team
- Enthusiastic about Uber!
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top