Legal Assistant, Regulatory, Washington, D.C.
At Uber, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we’ve built. Behind our unprecedented growth and game changing technology are the people that make Uber, Uber. Developing and delivering the technological backbone for a first class, on-demand transportation experience takes a critical eye for quality, and we want a legal assistant who has the same critical eye. This addition to our team must be organized, experienced, and willing to take on the responsibility to make things happen. The Regulatory Legal Assistant will be based at Uber’s office in Washington, D.C.
The right person is comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, has an “owning the problem and solution” mentality and can thrive in a fast-paced culture. Is this you?
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide regular support to our driver partners regarding regulatory issues and our business model.
- Maintain a database of driver partner information and communicate often with outside counsel.
- Support the regulatory team in D.C. and elsewhere in the U.S.
- Assist our legal team with research on local licensing requirements and regulations.
- Daily opportunities to help us resolve issues central to our growing business.
WHO YOU ARE
- 1-3 years of legal, administrative, project management or other experience requiring attention to detail and time management (regulatory experience a plus but not required).
- B.A./B.S. with strong academic credentials, paralegal certificate a plus.
- Technical savvy. Experience with Excel, Adobe, and G Suite (including Google Docs & Sheets) a plus.
- Ability to communicate and write clearly and concisely.
- Smart with a detail-oriented mindset.
- Desire to be a utility player. You’re willing to help out wherever needed.
- You have hustle, superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through. You’re not easily overwhelmed.
- We pride ourselves on having a fun, kind, hard-working group and are looking for the same.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top