Legal Assistant, Patents and IP
At Uber, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we’ve built. Behind our unprecedented growth and game changing technology are the people that make Uber, Uber. Developing and delivering the technological backbone for a first class, on-demand transportation experience takes a critical eye for quality, and we want a legal assistant who has the same critical eye. This addition to our team must be organized, experienced, and willing to take on the responsibility to make things happen. The IP Legal Assistant will be based at Uber’s headquarters in San Francisco.
The right person is comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, has a “the buck stops here” mentality and can thrive in a startup culture. Is this you?
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage the day-to-day processes for our patent management system;
- Serve as a point of contact for outside counsel; help draft/update outside counsel guidelines; educate outside counsel on Uber procedures;and act as the internal and external POC for our IP management system.
- Develop processes and procedures to organize and manage the team’s growing patent, trademark and IP matters.
- Provide administrative support to help keep Uber’s lean, tight-knit IP team thriving.
- Support all IP litigation matters
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 2+ years of patent prosecution experience (additional IP experience including patent licensing, acquisition, litigation, trademark and/or copyright preferred)
- B.A./B.S. with strong academic credentials.
- Technical savvy. Experience setting up an IP management software solution, such as Foundation IP, Lecorpio, or IP Folio a plus.
- Ability to communicate and write clearly and concisely.
- Smart with a detail-oriented mindset.
- Desire to be a utility player. You’re willing to help out wherever needed.
- You have hustle, superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through. You’re not easily overwhelmed.
- We pride ourselves on having a fun, kind, hard-working group and are looking for the same.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top