Learning Manager, EMEA Community Operations, UberEATS
Learning Manager, Community Operations EMEA, UberEATS
Uber is a venture-funded startup headquartered in San Francisco. We are a global mobility and logistics technology platform: our flagship service allows users to request quality, on-demand rides and food with a touch of their smartphone and we are rapidly developing new products. We are present in over 450+ cities worldwide, including over 50+ cities in EMEA with plans to rapidly expand in the region. We have already found strong product market fit with a world changing service, but we’re only just getting started.
UberEATS delivers the best of your city right when you want it. Our curated menus feature dishes from the local spots you love and the ones you’ve always wanted to try. It’s the same cashless payment as an Uber ride. So just tap the app, get your food delivered right to your doorstep and enjoy!
Providing amazing support for eaters, restaurants and couriers, our community, is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it, and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way.
ABOUT THE ROLE
At Uber, thousands of people are engaged in providing world-class support to our community. We need to onboard hundreds more people each month and ensure that those we have hired continuously develop their skills, no matter the role.
As a Learning Manager within the UberEATS Community Operations team, you will lead initiatives that make this happen – building connections between the EMEA Learning Team, trainers, Subject Matter Experts and regional Community Operations. Getting this done well is critical to scaling our business and driving the success of UberEATS forward.
You will own projects with scope and timelines that are scary. You’ll interface directly with senior leaders and multiple teams across Community Operations, gathering insights from community contacts and helping set learning priorities which make our customers’ experience more magical.
You’ll be an advocate for implementing learning programs and improvements across EMEA Community Operations, and for higher-level frameworks that build learning metrics and outcomes into the support roadmap.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be responsible for building, maintaining and improving the UberEATS support Training Programs for the EMEA region
- Work with our internal and external stakeholders to build, manage and upskill a network of UberEATS trainers at the EMEA level
- Manage, track and coordinate the logistics of the trainings happening in the region
- Build professional, repeatable processes and standards to scale learning operations
- Drive improvement in key performance indicators to make sure the trainings are more and more efficient
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to drive positive learning changes and continuous learning for CommOps employees and agents
- Measure and report the effectiveness of your training programs and continuously identify opportunities for improvement
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 3-5+ years of experience, including extensive experience in delivering trainings, managing people and trainers
- Excellent training-facilitation skills and extensive knowledge of learning theory
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, Information Technology, Adult Education, or other relevant learning discipline required. Master’s degree desirable
- Prior experience in change management
- Ability to understand technology and bridge the gap between technology and people
- An ability to make things happen
- A flair for writing — concise, structured and packed with personality
- Literate in SQL (desired) and Excel or other data management tools
WHO YOU ARE
- A builder – Creating scalable content, with help from SMEs & curriculum leads, is a piece-of-cake.
- Superior organizational skills – You are not scared of creating processes and you love adding a lot of structure where things are a bit messy. You thrive to have things as well organized as possible.
- A people manager – You are a mentor by nature and you can inspire trainers to get to the next level.
- Entrepreneurial self starter – You are ready for the autonomy that comes with building things from scratch within Uber, which includes defining the roles and responsibilities, goals and metrics, and processes within that team. You recognize that not every situation has a playbook, and are ready to face new problems and think of solutions independently.
- A team player – You aren’t scared to collaborate across function or region to get the best possible outcome for your content.
- Analytical ability – We take an intensely data-driven approach to running our business. In order to manage quality and efficiency in your team, you are able to constantly monitor data and understand trends, and use it to make the right business adjustments.
- Poised – Cool and calm under pressure, you follow through on tasks and look for opportunities to step up to new challenges.
- Efficiency and process obsession – You hate inefficient processes and you are skilled at creating processes to eliminate them. You love learning how things work and you’re always looking for ways to innovate.
- Naturally curious – You love learning and are invested in making our Community Operations Learning org successful through laying a strong foundation for our Community Support teams.
- Hustle – Uber moves fast, and runs lean. You’re flexible, fearless, and never satisfied with the status quo. You have no problem stepping on other people’s toes if it means pushing for the right idea that will help build awesome experiences for our users across the globe.
- Ownership – You get things done. Passionate, self-driven and fearless, you are deeply committed to taking Uber support to the next level and rise to the occasion to solve problems, big and small. You don’t wait around for other people to tell you what to do and have the initiative to solve problems on your own.
- Motivated – You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew of users, and are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- Service orientation – As the voice of Uber to thousands of users, you’ll use this opportunity to make evangelists out of our toughest haters. Your efforts will create more reasons for people to use Uber and to continue to trust us to get them where they need to go.
- Employees will receive Uber credits each month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built
- We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated, hard-working co-workers in a fun office environment
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top