Learning Manager - EMEA Community Operations- Cracow
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Providing amazing support for our community is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it, and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way.
ABOUT THE ROLE
At Uber, thousands of people are engaged in providing world-class support to our community. We need to onboard hundreds more people each month and ensure that those we have hired continuously develop their skills, no matter the role.
To support that we're looking for a Learning Manager to work alongside our Center of Excellence team to lead the internal Learning program. This multi-faceted role requires quick thinking and proficiency in building, and executing, on detailed learning plans as well as an overall knack for interaction, in-person training and learning-quality analysis.
Our Community Operations Managers and Community Support Teams are all about process efficiency, and as a Learning Manager, you would be ensuring that these teams of rockstars are able to continuously provide world class support to everyone involved in the Uber experience. This role is about building a solid foundation for our COE Learning programs, scaling it beyond what is today, and pre-empting what it will need to be tomorrow.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You'll be tasked with the ownership of all learning in the Center of Excellence, improving the delivery and design of new hire-training curricula and leading and implementing a continuous learning strategy at a company that's growing like crazy and changing constantly. You're prepared to:
- Mentor and coordinate a team of trainers to create and develop a culture of learning and constant improvement
- Work cross functionally to improve Community Support Representatives' (CSRs) learning experience and knowledge of internal and external tools and products
- Facilitate learning programs to develop participants' competences and to help learners meet specified performance expectations
- Modify training programs, as necessary, to ensure consistency with Uber culture and quality standards
- Collaborate with your site's leadership team regarding training needs, curriculum design, development, and delivery in order to create relevant solutions for the business
- Build ad hoc training curricula based on the Center Of Excellence internal needs, such as learnings on technical knowledge or other specific areas of expertise to help agents develop their skillset
- Develop a continuous learning strategy and ensure that agents have regular upskilling and learning session to grow and develop in their role
- Monitor linkage between curriculum and improved learner job performance, and coach participants back on the job, ensuring that learning translates to performance, and conduct additional research prior to leading change initiatives
- Evaluate learning and use evaluation and feedback to upgrade learning and/or develop additional material
- Ensure learning schedules and calendars are administered and maintain participant records during training.
- Be a passionate advocate for your global Community Operations organization by owning the learning development of their support team
- Be available to work on evenings and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary to meet demands of the business
WHO YOU ARE
- A People Person. You love developing teams and people to push the boundaries of what success looks like.
- A Trainer. Standing up in front of a group and explaining the inner workings of support at Uber feels natural.
- A Self Starter. You're ready for the autonomy that comes with building a new process at Uber.
- Analytical. You can make sense of complex data sets to find root causes for training/learning issues, and can use this data to identify people who may need retraining or remediation.
- A Team Player. You aren't scared to collaborate across function or region to get the best possible outcome for your training.
- Process driven. You have superior organizational skills, and constantly look to iterate on things to make them more efficient.
- Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited team of users.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor's Degree in business or relevant learning program
- 2-5 years of experience in high growth organization where you were tasked with using data to drive decisions; High growth, technology, learning management, learning strategy, business intelligence, management experience a plus.
- Skill and understanding of curriculum & learning program development
- Self starter - the ability to self-serve and self-starter attitude are a must!
- Understanding of core learning principles : Instructional Design, Blended Learning, Learning Management Systems and training facilitation.
- Employees will receive Uber credits each month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built
- We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated, hard-working co-workers in a fun office environment
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top