At Uber, providing amazing support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners—our community—is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way. To support that we’re looking for a Learning Manager to work alongside our Phoenix Center of Excellence team to lead the internal Learning Team and program. This multi-faceted role requires quick thinking and proficiency in building, and executing, on detailed learning plans as well as an overall knack for interaction, in-person training and Learning quality analysis.
Our Community Operations Managers and Community Support Teams are all about process efficiency, and as a Learning Manager, you would be ensuring that these teams of rockstars are able to continuously provide world class support to everyone involved in the Uber experience. This role is about building a solid foundation for our COE Learning programs, scaling it beyond what is today, and pre-empting what it will need to be tomorrow.
WHO YOU ARE
- A People Person. You love developing teams and people to push the boundaries of what success looks like.
- A Trainer. Standing up in front of a group and explaining the inner workings of support at Uber feels natural.
- A Self Starter. You’re ready for the autonomy that comes with building a new process at Uber.
- Analytical. You can make sense of complex data sets to find root causes for training/learning issues, and can use this data to identify people who may need retraining or remediation.
- A Team Player. You aren’t scared to collaborate across function or region to get the best possible outcome for your training.
- Poised. Cool and calm under pressure, you follow through on tasks and look for opportunities to step up to new challenges.
- Process driven. You have superior organizational skills, and constantly look to iterate on things to make them more efficient.
- Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you’re always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew of users; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You’ll be tasked with scaling global support learning modules in an innovative way at a company that’s growing like crazy and changing constantly. You’re prepared to:
- Manage a team of trainers to create and develop a culture of learning and constant improvement
- Work cross functionally to improve Community Support Representatives’ (CSRs) learning experience and knowledge of internal and external tools and products
- Facilitate learning programs to develop participants’ competences and to help learners meet specified performance expectations
- Modify training programs, as necessary, to ensure consistency with Uber culture and quality standards
- Collaborate with your site’s leadership team regarding training needs, curriculum design, development, and delivery in order to create relevant solutions for the business
- Monitor linkage between curriculum and improved learner job performance, and coach participants back on the job, ensuring that learning translates to performance, and conduct additional research prior to leading change initiatives
- Evaluate learning and use evaluation and feedback to upgrade learning and/or develop additional material
- Ensure learning schedules and calendars are administered and maintain participant records during training.
- Build an efficient and scalable learning program that facilitates the evolution of our support system and customers (both internal and external)
- Be a passionate advocate for your global Community Operations organization by owning the learning development of their support team
- Be available to work on evenings and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary to meet demands of the business
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or relevant learning program
- 3-5 years of experience in high growth organization where you were tasked with using data to drive decisions; High growth, technology, learning management, learning strategy, business intelligence, management experience a plus.
- Skill and understanding of curriculum & learning program development
- Explorer – the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the resources you require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must!
- Understanding of core learning principles : Instructional Design, Micro Learning, Blended Learning, Learning Management Systems and Learning organizational strategy and design
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top