Learning Experience Designer
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the job
Uber is looking for Learning Experience Designers to work with our Regional Community Operations team and own the design and development of scalable training materials that "stick" for our Learning Experience Design team. This multifaceted role requires systematic organization, creativity and proficiency in adult learning, storytelling, and learner experience.
You'll be supporting the Learning Experience Design (LXD) team within the Latam Learning Team in the creation of all materials for training resources. You'll work with a variety of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to identify the specific learning objective and how to achieve it through clear, effective, engaging and scalable learner experiences that are grounded in adult learning principles.
Our Community Support Teams are all about process efficiency, and as a part of the learning team, you would be ensuring that the teams are able to continuously provide premier support to everyone involved in the Uber experience. This role is about designing scalable, engaging and effective learning experiences for our learning programs that will be rolled out to tens of thousands of people around the world.
What you'll do
- Design learning materials for scale and localization using adult learning theories
- Create quality outputs utilizing scripts, storyboards, content authoring tools, and techniques to produce relevant, empathetic, and learner-friendly storylines and interfaces. Receive feedback and quickly iterate as needed. Optimize workflow for effective and efficient designs
- Develop learning content and produce digital and live learning experiences that support knowledge acquisition and application. This includes video animation, interactive interface, simulation, screencast, or trainer-led sessions to coherently and succinctly target the learning objective
- Identify off-centered layouts, inconsistent fonts, and colors. Knowledge of what file formats works best based on the uniqueness of each situation (.MP4, SCORM or xAPI)
- Independently conceptualize, design, and organize projects. Manage workload accordingly to accommodate conflicting deadlines
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of instructional design experience
- Demonstrated ability to deliver courses and modules at high volumes under tight timelines
- Thorough understanding of how to develop an engaging learner experience that also targets the desired learning objective or behavior
- Experience with LMS environments, Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Screenflow, or Camtasia
- Background in adult learning, design thinking and/or instructional design
Bonus points if
- Proficiency with content authoring tools and design programs such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, Illustrator, PhotoShop, or After Effects
- Experience in UX and visual/graphic design
- Experience in customer support or community operations
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically inspires people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top