Learning Experience Designer
Uber is looking for Learning Design Specialists to work alongside our Regional Community Operations team and own the design and development of scalable training materials for our support Learning Programs. This multifaceted role requires systematic organization, creativity and proficiency in adult learning, storytelling, and learner experience.
Our Community Support Teams are all about process efficiency, and as a part of the learning team, you would be ensuring that these teams of rockstars are able to continuously provide world class support to everyone involved in the Uber experience. This role is about designing scalable, engaging and effective learning experiences for our learning programs that will be rolled out to tens of thousands of people around the world.
- A storyteller. Design and/or develop trainings that “stick”
- Tech Savvy. You are comfortable learning new systems and have experience in creating videos
- A builder. You can create scalable, quality-driven training experiences that last.
- A self starter. You’re ready for the autonomy that comes with building a new things at Uber and managing multiple projects at any given moment.
- A team player. You aren’t scared to collaborate across function or region to get the best possible outcome for your content.
- Poised. Cool and calm under pressure, you follow through on tasks and look for opportunities to step up to new challenges and innovate.
- Process driven. You have superior organizational skills, and constantly look to iterate on things to make them more effective and scalable.
- Naturally curious. You love learning and are invested in making our Community Operations Learning org successful through laying a strong foundation for our Community Support teams!
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew of users; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at projects.
You’ll be supporting the Learning Experience Design (LXD) team within the greater North American Learning team in the design and/or creation of all materials for our curriculums & learning resources. You’re prepared to:
- Own projects related to building, editing and iterating on high quality presentations and e-learning solutions, including instructional videos
- Design intuitive experiences that are grounded in adult learning principles and directly mapped to the learning objective.
- Develop scripts and storyboards that convey complex problems through simple instructional videos and/or interactive courses
- Ensure clear, effective, engaging and scalable learner experiences
- Work cross functionally to improve CSR learning experience and knowledge retention of our internal and external tools and products
- Be a passionate advocate for your Global Community Operations org
- Be open to the hustle, we work lots of hours and do a bit of traveling!
- Must have have a BA with 2+ years of relevant experience
- Must have experience in content authoring tools and rapid design tools
- Proficiency of Screenflow, Camptasia, and/or Adobe Captivate a plus
- Experience in adult learning, design thinking and/or instructional design
- Previous experience writing and building Learning content or curricula is required
- Experience in UX and visual/graphic design a plus!
- Experience or knowledge of learning management systems (LMS) a plus!
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
At Uber, we’re growing every day! This role is consistently changing and requires a candidate who is quick to iterate and improve upon processes. We want someone who is ready to dive in and help create our world class learning program, work alongside teams around the globe, and foster the feedback mechanism that is imperative to a global learning program.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top