Learning Experience Designer
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
Uber is looking for Learning Experience Designers to work with our Regional Community Operations team and own the design and development of scalable training materials for our Learning Experience Design team. This multifaceted role requires systematic organization, creativity and proficiency in adult learning, storytelling, and learner experience.
Our Community Support Teams are all about process efficiency, and as a part of the learning team, you would be ensuring that the teams are able to continuously provide premier support to everyone involved in the Uber experience. This role is about designing scalable, engaging and effective learning experiences for our learning programs that will be rolled out to tens of thousands of people around the world.
What you’ll do
- An interaction designer. Create interactive activities that engage learnings and make information “stick”
- You’ll be supporting the Learning Experience Design (LXD) team within the greater North American Learning team in the creation of all materials for training resources
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SME) to identify what learners need to learn
- Revise and rewrite content to shape it for learning needs
- Design intuitive experiences that are grounded in adult learning principles and closely mapped to the learning objective.
- Visually convey complex problems through simple instructional videos and/or interactive courses
- Ensure clear, effective, engaging and scalable learner experiences
- Work cross functionally to improve CSR learning experience and knowledge retention of our internal and external tools and products
- Be a passionate advocate for your Global Community Operations org
- Be open to the speed, we work hard and do a bit of traveling!
What you’ll need
- Must have a BA with at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Must have experience in content authoring tools and rapid design tools
- Proficiency in at least one of the following: Screenflow, Camtasia, Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate
- Experience in adult learning, design thinking and/or instructional design
- Experience or knowledge of learning management systems (LMS)
Bonus points if
- Experience in UX and visual/graphic design
- Previous experience writing and developing Learning content or curricula
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top