Learning Experience Designer
About the job
Uber is looking for Learning Experience Designers to work out of San Francisco or Los Angeles office. You'll be working with our Regional Community Operations team and own the design and development of scalable training materials that "stick" for our Learning Experience Design team. This multifaceted role requires systematic organization, creativity and proficiency in adult learning, storytelling, and learner experience.
You'll be supporting the Learning Experience Design (LXD) team within the greater North American Learning team in the creation of all materials for training resources. You'll work with a variety of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to identify the specific learning objective and how to achieve it through clear, effective, engaging and scalable learner experiences that are grounded in adult learning principles.
Our Community Support Teams are all about process efficiency, and as a part of the learning team, you would be ensuring that the teams are able to continuously provide premier support to everyone involved in the Uber experience. This role is about designing scalable, engaging and effective learning experiences for our learning programs that will be rolled out to tens of thousands of people around the world.
What you'll do
- Design learning materials for scale and localization using adult learning theories
- Create quality outputs utilizing scripts, storyboards, content authoring tools, and techniques to produce relevant, empathetic, and learner-friendly storylines and interfaces. Receive feedback and quickly iterate as needed. Optimize workflow for effective and efficient designs
- Develop learning content and produce digital and live learning experiences that support knowledge acquisition and application. This includes video animation, interactive interface, simulation, screencast, or trainer-led sessions to coherently and succinctly target the learning objective
- Identify off-centered layouts, inconsistent fonts, and colors. Knowledge of what file formats works best based on the uniqueness of each situation (.MP4, SCORM or xAPI)
- Independently conceptualize, design, and organize projects. Manage workload accordingly to accommodate conflicting deadlines
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of instructional design experience
- Demonstrated ability to deliver courses and modules at high volumes under tight timelines
- Thorough understanding of how to develop an engaging learner experience that also targets the desired learning objective or behavior
- Experience with LMS environments, Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Screenflow, or Camtasia
- Background in adult learning, design thinking and/or instructional design
Bonus points if
- Proficiency with content authoring tools and design programs such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, Illustrator, PhotoShop, or After Effects
- Experience in UX and visual/graphic design
- Experience in customer support or community operations
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top