Learning & Development Manager, EMEA
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
At Uber, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we've built. The driver behind all our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology is the people that make Uber, Uber. Maintaining a world class global workforce that thirsts for knowledge is no small task. Uber's People Development team is focused on launching, developing and empowering employees through world class programs and tools that are as innovative and scalable as Uber itself.
Successful candidates will bring unique ideas and know how to lead multiple teams to get things done. You have the experience both in L&D and working with organizations to get it right, but aren't scared of tossing out old methods to try something new. We move fast and need someone creative and determined to take Uber's development programs to the next level.
- Own and guide the direction for the program(s) you oversee
- Iterate and improve existing programs using data-based ideas to drive impact and efficiency
- Design and deliver creative solutions to tackle new challenges of existing global programs that cover individual contributors, leaders, and international teams
- Facilitate live and virtual programs in a way that is tailored and relevant to each audience
- Deliver programs flawlessly, owning all details of ongoing global event delivery
- Manage diverse sets of stakeholders across our team and business to get work done fast and in a way that is relevant to the appropriate audience. Understand their needs and help prioritization across the region.
- Develop creative content that spans a variety of platforms and modes
- Set and measure KPIs for people development programs
- Successfully manage and coordinate a team of L&D professionals
Still think this is you? Well then, keep reading!
- Organized. You have superior organizational and administrative skills and don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Self-driven. You follow through on all tasks with integrity.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize process.
- Knowledgeable. You have experience and knowledge of adult learning and people development areas (e.g., needs analysis and evaluation).
- Tech-savvy. You know how to navigate through systems and tools, and constantly find way to make tasks more efficient.
- Project manager. Proven experience of managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to work to tight timescales.
- Fun. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone and in front of a crowd; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world. You have a passion for development of people and the business.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- A utility player. You're a quick learner and willing to help out wherever needed.
- Analytically oriented. You can demonstrate impact and efficacy of initiatives on the business.
- Bias for action. You drive results in a big way and can get things done in a highly matrixed and relationship based organization.
- BA/BS degree in a related field or equivalent practical experience. Advanced degree a plus.
- 8/+ years experience in learning & development, consulting, project management, organizational development or other related field.
- Experience designing and leading development programs both live and virtual
- Experience or familiarity with data tools such as STATA, Python, or Excel are a plus
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top