Learning & Development Manager, APAC Learning
At Uber, support is more than just answering questions. It's about using the information customers give us as insights to help Uber grow. Moreover, providing amazing support that establishes trust within our community—riders, driver partners, UberEATS customers and delivery partners—is at the centre of the Uber customer experience. We're obsessed about providing the highest quality service, in the smartest way. And for Uber to continue its growth and success, we need to be able to not only improve but also scale our fast-growing support operations.
We're looking for a Learning Content Manager to join our APAC Community Operations team. This role is about leading the learning and development of various CommOps teams around APAC. In this role you will develop, maintain and continually improve training experiences for both onboarding & continuing development of experienced professionals or support representatives across APAC. You will take ownership of a learning curriculum, use data to drive improvements & integrate with regional stakeholders to ensure those who take your programs learn effectively and continue to develop. To be successful, you'll need creativity, structured thinking & strong experience in adult learning, story telling or large scale learning programs.
What you'll do
You'll join the APAC Learning team, partner with many areas of the business & ensure we have elite training materials for various teams in CommOps. What does that mean?
- Own entire learning curriculums and experiences from concept, to build and performance measurement
- Build clear, effective, engaging and scalable learner experiences with clear measurable learning outcomes
- Develop scripts and storyboards that convey complex problems through simple instructional videos and/or interactive courses
- Think wholistically and creatively about develop the competencies and skills of various teams
- Work cross functionally to improve CSR learning experience and knowledge retention of our internal and external tools and products
- Hustle and be a passionate advocate for learning, we work lots of hours and do a bit of traveling!
- Bonus if you love to train - but not required
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Instructional Design, Information Technology, Adult Education, or other relevant discipline
- 2+ years working with adult learning content (specifically eLearning & interactive curriculum design), or employee development
- Data-driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Experience in content authoring tools and rapid design tools is a plus (Screenflow, Camptasia, Articulate Storyline, and/ or Adobe Captivate)
- Experience in UX and visual/graphic design is a plus
- Literate in SQL and Excel or another data management tool preferred, but not required
- A flair for writing - concise, structured and packed with personality
- Startup, all-hands-on-deck approach
- A storyteller - You design and develop trainings that stick
- A builder - Creating scalable content, with help from SMEs & curriculum leads, is a piece-of-cake
- Tech savvy - You're comfortable learning new systems and have experience in creating learning content across multiple channels
- A self starter - You're ready for the autonomy that comes with building new things and leading multiple projects at any given moment
- A team player - You aren't scared to collaborate across function or region to get the best possible outcome for your content
- Poised - Cool and calm under pressure, you follow through on tasks and look for opportunities to step up to new challenges
- Process driven - You have extraordinary organizational skills, and constantly look to iterate on things to make them more efficient
- Naturally curious - You love learning and are invested in making our Community Operations Learning org successful through laying a strong foundation for our Community Support teams
- Hustle - Uber moves fast, and runs lean. You're flexible, courageous, and never satisfied with the status quo. You advocate for the right idea that will help build awesome experiences for our users across the globe
- Motivated - You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew of users, and are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top