Learning Content Designer
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Uber is looking for a Learning Content Designer to work alongside our EMEA Community Operations team and own the building of content to support our Learning Program. This multifaceted role requires quick thinking and proficiency in building learning content, as well as an overall knack for interaction and possibly some in-person training.
Our Community Support Teams are all about process efficiency, and as a part of the learning team, you would be ensuring that these teams of rockstars are able to continuously provide world class support to everyone involved in the Uber experience. This role is about building a solid foundation for our learning program and scaling it beyond what is today, and pre-empting what it will need to be tomorrow.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You'll be tasked with supporting the EMEA Learning team in creation of all materials for our curriculums & learning resources. You're prepared to:
- Be responsible for the design, development and review of all phases of eLearning projects
- Work cross functionally to improve CSR learning experience and knowledge of our internal and external tools and products
- Build high quality content that is effective and scalable
- Be an advocate for your Community Operations org by passionately developing content that is crucial to our Customer Support experience
- Research and stay current with emerging educational technologies and utilize innovative approaches to design that incorporate the latest adult learning principles to our curriculum
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 3+ years designing adult learning content -- specifically eLearning & interactive curriculum design
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Information Technology, Adult Education, or other relevant discipline required. Master's degree desirable
- Data-driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Expert skills in at least one or more authoring technologies and multimedia applications such as Articulate Storyline or Adobe Captivate
- Expert Audio/Video/Graphic production skills: DSLR camera's, Sound recording, editing & mixing, Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Pro
- Solid understanding of Instructional Design principles: ADDIE Model, Bloom's Taxonomy, Malcolm Knowles, etc.
- Literate in SQL and Excel or another data management tool preferred
- A flair for writing -- concise, structured and packed with personality
- Startup, all-hands-on-deck approach
- A builder - Creating scalable content, with help from SMEs & curriculum leads, is a piece-of-cake.
- Tech Savvy - You are comfortable learning new systems and have experience in building and creating eLearning across multiple tools
- A self starter - You're ready for the autonomy that comes with building a new process at Uber.
- A team player - You aren't scared to collaborate across function or region to get the best possible outcome for your content.
- Poised - Cool and calm under pressure, you follow through on tasks and look for opportunities to step up to new challenges.
- Process driven - You have superior organizational skills, and constantly look to iterate on things to make them more efficient.
- Naturally curious - You love learning and are invested in making our Community Operations Learning org successful through laying a strong foundation for our Community Support teams.
- Hustle - Uber moves fast, and runs lean. You're flexible, fearless, and never satisfied with the status quo. You have no problem stepping on other people's toes if it means pushing for the right idea that will help build awesome experiences for our users across the globe.
- Ownership - You get things done. Passionate, self-driven and fearless, you are deeply committed to taking Uber support to the next level and rise to the occasion to solve problems, big and small. You don't wait around for other people to tell you what to do and have the initiative to solve problems on your own.
- Motivated - You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew of users, and are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- Service orientation - As the voice of Uber to thousands of users, you'll use this opportunity to make evangelists out of our toughest haters. Your efforts will create more reasons for people to use Uber and to continue to trust us to get them where they need to go.
- Employees are awarded Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built
- We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated, hard-working co-workers in a fun office environment
- Salary and compensation based on experience.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top