Lead, Uber eats - Chennai
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The core of Uber is in the city team, led by the Lead. They make the magic that is Uber, a reality. The qualities and capabilities of a lead mean you are an incredibly intelligent, skilled and highly sought-after professional.
We are looking for people who are passionate about what they do, enthusiastic about collaborating with a diverse group of colleagues, and ready to roll up their sleeves to support the growth of their city.
The Lead role is a unique opportunity to have a measureable impact on your city. You'll be responsible for operational excellence and maintaining 'Uber' quality throughout the consumer's experience, along with growth and optimization of the delivery partner population on Uber's platform. Consumer and Delivery Partner support, local marketing, supply chain management, service quality management, social media, PR - all of these sit under this role. The role is centered on continual improvement and high quality. We believe in solving local problems with local solutions, so understanding your market and delivering custom messages is important.
You will work with data to monitor delivery partner & consumer behavior, and ensure efficiency through asset utilization, product improvement and supply-chain management.
We believe that people are one of the most important assets to Uber and because of that we foster an environment that is welcoming to diverse perspectives.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns
- Oversee deployment and quality of supply chain (i.e. Uber's driver partners)
- Represent Uber at local events and with local PR
- Oversee local regulatory concerns and local politics
- Oversee your city's P&L
- Communicate product/ process needs, work with product/ engineering to deliver on them
- Help scale our other cities through developing and sharing best practices
- Define Uber's strategy in your city and the broader region
- Continue to grow revenues and ridership
What You'll Need
- 8+ years of Strategy Consulting, Accounting, or Banking background with previous experience using data to lead and support business decisions
- Excellent excel skills, SQL skills preferred
- Demonstrated record of leading initiatives and projects at your organization
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment and adopt a generalist do-what-it-takes mindset
- P&L Management and Team Management experience
Back to top