Lead Test Development Engineer - Supply Chain
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly-motivated Lead Test Development Engineer to develop test system architecture and overall test plans across multiple modules. This is a phenomenal opportunity to build, develop, and mentor a team of exceptional test engineers and manufacturing personnel looking to build the future.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Design, develop code, and/or enhance test programs, scripts, and procedures based on system requirements
- Develop software, firmware, and RTL for laboratory data acquisition and control systems
- Implement and debug designs on the bench using oscilloscopes logic analyzers, and other instruments
- Test individual electrical components in the final production system to validate design and search for unexpected dependencies
- Read PCB schematics and debug or quickly modify electrical test systems
- Work with design engineers to define test and acquisition electronics
- Support manufacturing by crafting systems to improve assembly test performance and yield tracking
- Drive improvements in manufacturing test yield
- Development and analysis of experiments to root- cause challenging electrical problems
- Ability to coach, teach and mentor test development engineers and manufacturing personnel
What You'll Need
- BS/MS in Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum of 10 years in a test engineering environment
- Strong experience in a scripting language such as, Python or MATLAB, to automate instruments and analyze data.
- Familiarity with integrated circuit design and testing such that the engineer is able to craft a test-plan from a data sheet or specifications document.
- Experience of understanding and working at the boundary of vendor requirements to search for incorrect implementations.
- Experience with tooling and fixture development.
- Effective interpersonal skills and collaborative spirit
- Willingness to travel 25%
Bonus Points If
- Analog and mixed-signal IC design experience to predict challenging implementations and target tests
- Software carpentry fundamentals; computer science training preferred
- Familiarity with PCB design
- Experience working with scaling manufacturing test operations
- Experience with Verilog and C
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Phoenix, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
The Global Product Operations group enables Uber's world-class talent and optimizing technology for the future of mobility.
Back to top