Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the Role
The core of Uber is in the city team, led by the Lead. They make the magic that is Uber, a reality. The qualities and capabilities of a lead mean you are an incredibly intelligent, skilled and highly sought-after professional.
We are looking for people who are passionate about what they do, enthusiastic about collaborating with a diverse group of colleagues, and ready to roll up their sleeves to support the growth of their city.
The Lead role is a unique opportunity to have a measureable impact on your city. You'll be responsible for operational excellence and maintaining 'Uber' quality throughout the rider's experience, along with growth and optimization of the driver population on Uber's platform. Rider and Partner support, local marketing, supply chain management, service quality management, social media, PR - all of these sit under this role. The role is centered on continual improvement and high quality. We believe in solving local problems with local solutions, so understanding your market and delivering custom messages is important.
You will work with data to monitor driver & rider behavior, and ensure efficiency through asset utilization, product improvement and supply-chain management.
We believe that people are one of the most important assets to Uber and because of that we foster an environment that is welcoming to diverse perspectives.
What you'll do
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns
- Oversee deployment and quality of supply chain (i.e. Uber's driver partners)
- Represent Uber at local events and with local PR
- Oversee local regulatory concerns and local politics
- Oversee your city's P&L
- Communicate product/ process needs, work with product/ engineering to deliver on them
- Help scale our other cities through developing and sharing best practices
- Define Uber's strategy in your city and the broader region
- Continue to grow revenues and ridership
What you'll need
- 8+ years of Strategy Consulting, Accounting, or Banking background with previous experience using data to lead and support business decisions
- Excellent excel skills, SQL skills preferred
- Demonstrated record of leading initiatives and projects at your organization
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment and adopt a generalist do-what-it-takes mindset
- P&L Management and Team Management experience
- Employees are given free and discounted Uber rides
- Fantastic opportunity to grow with the team; shape the strategic direction of your city
- The rare opportunity to make a big impact such that everyone around you, including family and friends, are using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Smart, engaged co-workers with whom to collaborate in an exciting and diverse office environment
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top